Any Good 1975 Stories?

by Think About It 41 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

I knew some JW's that marked the date on their calendars.

One told me he was really scared of Armageddon because although he had been reinstated by the Elders, he wasn't sure JG had forgiven him. "If I'm not really forgiven, I hope he kills me quickly"

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

My dear Think About It...purple barrels or orange microdot?

Unfortunately it sounds like you were on a bad acid trip. But then again weren't we all?

I began my study when I was 21, in 1979. By this time you only heard the , unexplained 1975 comment. A few times I heard about the great Bethel apostasy in passing. When I questioned the meaning of these random comments it was immediately pooh-poohed. I never experienced it first hand. I always had a sick feeling in my gut though, like "Hello McFly, is anybody home?" I wish I could have snapped out of it and woken the hell up.

Praise be to my god, THE MIGHTY INTERNET, may it save us all.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

goodness...can't we edit anymore?

• crapola
    crapola

My story is kinda funny if any of this can be considered funny. In 1975 my best friend was pregnant and due to give birth in Oct. of 75. Well, we decided that if her labor started during Armegeddon that I would deliver the baby probably out under a tree somewhere. She even took natural childbirth classes. The baby will soon be 35 years old with a child of her own. Still no Armegeddon. How crazy we were.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Crapola, that's the best story I've heard so far.

villabolo

• crapola
    crapola

It's so crazy,, she is still in but we still talk about those times and laugh.

• d
    d

I was always skeptical of Armageddon. I mean some people Armageddon in Third world countries.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I quit school before I finished HS...who needed an education since 1975 would mark the end...and soon after paradise. I got married at the end of 73...some of my wife's family didn't come to the wedding because they believed we were too close to the end to get married...instead we should have focused on preaching and saving lives...At that time I was living in Montreal and the city was preparing to host the 1976 Olympic Games...my dad would laugh and say that they wouldn't have time to complete building the Stadium...How ironic to see International Conventions in that stadium decades after 1975...since then my dad has passed away and my mom is in her late 70's still beliving that the end will come in her lifetime.

• PaintedToeNail
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Sorry-somehow hit the 'submit' button when all I was going to do was go back. Excuse me for the blank post.

CJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit