You Know a Spiritual Coward

by AlanF 78 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know
    You reveal your name, location and congregation to me, and then allow me to forward your comments to the Service Department for evaluation.

But haven't you already done that once before? Do you really think I don't know what a slithering weasel you are? LOL / You Know

• Kismet
    Kismet

YK,

Your short memory is revealing itself again.

If you, in your comment to Alan, are referring to the time someone at H20 tried to out you to your elders etc, you are forgetting that it was ythe most stalward apostates that defended youand condemned that person threatening you.

The administrators and Moderators backed you completely as did Farkel and Alan. I think you insulted the wrong person... not that you care.

Kismet

• You Know
    You Know

Only Alan Fraudbacker knows what I am talking about. / You Know

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Now this is getting interesting.

Say it isn't so, Alan. You couldn't have stooped so low to try to shut YK up.

• AlanF
    AlanF

What's the matter, Bobby? Are you afraid of the Service Department? Afraid of having someone look over your shoulder as you try to excuse yourself? Afraid of having someone who can counter your lies watch what you do? LOL!

AlanF

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Irregardless of the positions and "work" anyone is engaged in actively, whether inside or outside of this forum, there is one policy I absolutely abhor and that is the policy of using personal identification and credentials as a weapon to injure someone.

If we claim our purposes are to educate, investigate, learn and advocate the "truth" about the truth, then it is definitely the lowest and vilest form of expression to exploit personal information in a vindictive fashion. Why not serve as an elder?

If the tactic is utilized in response to similar provocation or slanderous libel made public, then I agree with such retaliation. However, if the tactic is used to "blackmail" or hold hostage certain individuals and hamper/control their level of participation, then it is cowardly.

Irregardless of what we may personally know about an individual, we collectively participate here at our own risk. The level of risk varies from member to member, but can be enhanced inadvertently, and unknowingly! Loose lips sink ships!

Therefore, if identities and lives are at stake due to administrative retaliation, then it behooves members to maintain the utmost privacy and confidentiality concerning their identification. If that confidence is revealed, compromised or broken, then that individual is now at risk and could be subject to manipulation.

It is only when you have "cards up your sleeve" in case of all worst possible scenarios, that you can thwart such attempts. If you do not have any cards, it would be wise to discover, locate and collect them for future reference. It helps to have your own personal arsenal, just in case. Remember, never show up to a knife fight with anything less than a nuclear warhead!

Just some friendly advice.

• borgfree
    borgfree

thewiz,

You say - Quote: "Also, why do many here keep spending time in the distant past. "The society used to teach this and the society used to teach that..." how long is that excuse going to last."

"Those who will not learn from the past are condemned to repeat it" (Santana (I think))

I remember many years ago when the WT condemned other religions because of their (other religions) roots or foundation. If the WT can condemn others because of their past then it is only right and proper for the WT to have those same standards used against them.

Also I do not believe that a false prophet can EVER suddenly become a true prophet. I do not see anywhere in the bible where God decided to forgive a false prophet and then use that false prophet as a true prophet.

Borgfree

"Without knowledge there can be no genuine faith--only superstition on the one hand or speculation on the other" Robert Banks
  • AlanF
    AlanF

The reason people keep referring to the past, Wiz, is because the Watchtower Society uses its version of the past as a justification for its past and present claims to speak for God. Once we find that the Society's version of the past is false, we know that they are a bunch of liars. Only by actually looking at old information can we do this.

What's your problem with that?

AlanF

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

UR,

I will go you one better. If anyone reveals confidential personal information to other's, even if very well know on this forum or other's, you are entrusting that person/s with information, that if released into the wrong hands, could mean life or death.

Sounds exaggerated, not so, in view of the daily reports regarding internet crime, one cannot take these issues lightly. Stalking, violent attacks, even murder, often a result of innocent communications, between those we think we know.

How many times do we let off steam towards those we consider 'trolls', the ones that post openly don't bother me in the least. It is those unseen 'lurker's' who have another agenda, who have as thier motive, reason to secure as much personal bio, to allow them to take serious criminal action against the unsuspecting, or should I say trusting.

So, Iam with you 100%. We need this place to be as safe as possible. We are unique in that we fight a rather harmless malevolent enemy the WTBS. But there are some out there in cyberland, who may well not be harmless.

I think we need to keep privacy and security in mind, even as we reveal our innermost selves.

Danny

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Danny Bear:

I agree. "Digital" weapons are just as effective as the pen is against the perverbial sword, in cyberspace. The rules are unforgiving and it requires cunning, shrewdness, savvy, guile, wit, wisdom, survival of the fittest, grit and instinct.

If you have the capacity to launch an attack, be prepared for a counter-attack. It's a jungle out there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit