JW Son dead in German plane crash, no big deal!

by noolite 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent
    As Witnesses we are peace makers. We are sorry it happened of course. We blame what the bible calls the rule of the world. We are angry with the rule of the world

Wait... so he used the opportunity to give a witness & blame Satan instead of paying tribute to his son??? Crazy!!!

• clarity
    clarity
    Sparrowdown so true. "I found a lot of witnesses seemed relieved when someone died because they felt it meant they were guaranteed a resurrection"

Not only that but they get a huge pat on the back for this "lack of natural affection". It seems to them to show superior spiritual strength.

It is the same when witnesses throw their unbelieving family away....thumbs- up and atta boy and applause for doing these strange behaviors. You can hear the approval for this after the announcements at meetings!

clarity

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Not nice to say but it crossed my mind that maybe the son they lost was disfellowshipped and was dead to them anyway?
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Sir82 is absolutely right.

You don't know about the feelings of the involved.

Why do you say "No big deal?" This statement is so without respect for the grief of that man.

Not everyone is reacting with anger. I think that fathers reaction is much better.

Just learn to be more respectful.

• prologos
    prologos
    It is often the case that people in danger, grief will project these feelings on the others involved, A dying person being concerned how the survivors will cope, for example. Perhaps this JW father had that emphatic reaction, thinking not of the equal loss, but the greater burden that the pilot's parents have to bear.?
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Grief can have a very numbing effect on the brain. It's a safety valve that's evolved to help us get through the most difficult times in life. Not everyone can cry straight away when someone very close dies, sometimes not for weeks afterward and very strong empathy for those also suffering is quite normal although I don't know why. Perhaps it's a feeling of kinship, we are all feeling this terrible pain together and those outside the circle can't possibly understand.
  • Freesoul
    Freesoul

He gave the same answer that all JW's are programmed to give.

Don't talk about the poor person that passed away, just talk about the JW religion. All they are interested in is what a fine witness they can give to the world about their false hope.

I get really upset when I go to any JW funeral.

I feel very sorry for him.

• minimus
    minimus
    Sir82 is a Jehovah's Witness Elder. What do you expect him to say? That father's response is not normal.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

He's just spouting the "company" line! If he's not angry that he just needlessly lost his son, he couldn't have been much of a father. IMHO

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

A father has lost his son in this terrible willed crash - and all you guys can think of, is CRITIZISING the father for his Words, for the way he expresses himself when faced With a reporter amidst his grief?

Monsters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit