Immortal Soul? Impossible!

by wannabe 114 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Blue Grass,

If we have spirits, but they are not conscious, what is their purpose?

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    If we have spirits, but they are not conscious, what is their purpose?

To give us life, just like electricity gives life to a computer.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Then, I ask you Blue grass, what was transferred to the womb of mary in the baby Jesus?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I do not have a Bible on me at this moment...but 'fear not he who kills the body, but can not destroy the soul'

• Mary
    Mary
    To give us life, just like electricity gives life to a computer

So if our spirit is impersonal, and has no consciouness, or the ability to see, speak and reason, they how do you account for what happened when Saul went to see the Witch of Endor? If the 'spirit' of man is no more than electricity and is 'immaterial' and 'without consciousness', then how do you explain how the witch "called up" Samuel? It is apparent from the story that the witch did not actually intend to call up Samuel but one of her own "familiar" spirits to speak for Samuel. She was terrified when Samuel actually appeared to her, spoke to Saul, correctly predicted his armies' defeat and Saul's own demise----quite a feat for an imaterial, impersonal and unconscious 'life-force'.

1 Corinthians 15 dispells the idea of an 'impersonal spirit' without a body or thought. Verse 44 specifically states: " If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body." It even tells us that the spiritual body is received when a person dies:

It is written: "The first man Adam became a living being" the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we shall bear the likeness of the man from heaven.

Wow! Bearing the image of Jesus? Gee, that doesn't sound like some vague "breath" or "wind" that the WT insists is really our 'spirit'.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Mary,

I had a girlfreind that used to charge people to speak with their dead relatives and relay messages back to them, she charges only about 50 bucks an hour do you want her number? Seems like your gulible enough.

• Mary
    Mary

Frankiespeakin, I never said I personally believe that someone can talk with the dead. I think people who claim they can do that are full of shit and nothing but con artists. So please don't insult my intelligence and accuse me of being "gulible." Both Leolaia and I have stated several times in this thread that this is not about "is it possible", but rather we are trying to show that the bible itself does promote the idea of a life after death. That's the point of this thread. Whether or not someone believes the bible or not is immaterial. I can use various verses from the Qu'ran or any other "holy book" to try and establish whether their literature promotes the idea of a life after death. It doesn't mean I personally share their beliefs, I'm simply trying to make a point.

Capish?

p.s. I went to a psychic once with a co-worker who absolutely believed 100% everything the woman told her. To prove that the woman was nothing but a scam artist, I went with Lorie to see what she could do. I gave her no information other than I had lost someone I loved very much and did he have anything to say to me? Yes yes, he did! She saw my husband and he wanted to let me know how much he loved me and the children. I said "Well that's quite interesting seeing as I've never been married or had any children." I turned to my girlfriend and said "See? I told you she wouldn't get anything right." The woman was pissed off that I had exposed her like that. Tee-hee-hee.......

Now if she had of said it was my brother who was trying to get in touch with me, the manner in how he had died and given me something in a message that only my brother and me knew about, then maybe I would have been more impressed.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

That's a bit out of line frankiespeakin. The thread was a discussion on the soul and spirit, using the Bible and what it says relative to that. I am not telling you what to beleive or not, but Mary was showing within the framework of this discussion that the bible shows the spirit to be more than an impersonal force.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Frankie, that was weird. Have you read the preceeding posts? Just wondering.

Hi, Mary. You are again in fine form this morning.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Mary,

Just testing if your still in touch with reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit