Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are Discouraged From Using the Internet

by AllTimeJeff 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agonus
    agonus

Roger ATJ, that's a big "DUH", pardner...

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

I won't believe the Governing Body has any problem with facebook until I see it in writing. I see 3 elders, an elder's wife, and all the elder's children from my former congregation on Facebook right now. I refuse to believe all these witnesses are publicly contradicted Jehovah the Faithful and Discreet slave.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Of course this really has NOTHING to do with sex and has everything to do with JWs finding out about the religion's scandals. The religion is afraid the members will correspond with people who have left the religion, either by disfellowshipping or disassociation.

They are afraid their members will find out (surprise, surprise) that many JWs leave because something is wrong with the religion and not because of immorality.

This is really all about control but the religion is being deceptive.

• jam
    jam

THIS SHOULD INSULT THE INTELLIGENCE OF MOST JW, BUT WE KNOW THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE.

SO WHAT THE GB IS SAYING, YOU WITNESSES ARE SO HORNY IN NEED OF SEX DO NOT GET INVOLVE

WITH FACEBOOK, IF YOU DO YOU WILL BECOME A RAVENING SEX CRAZE MANIAC.

UNBELIEVABLE, NO COLLEGE BECAUSE THE YOUNG PEOPLE ARE RUNNING AROUND HAVING SEX NIGHT AND DAY

AND YET MAINTAIN A PASSING GRADE AVERAGE, YES ONE BIG ORGY. They may have open the door for others

to investigate. IMAGINE A PERSON WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN THE INTERNET AND HE SAW WHAT THESE LUNATIC

SAID, ONE WOULD THINK THE DEVIL HIMSELF WILL COME THRU THE NET GRAB YOU BY YOUR SEX ORGAN AND GIVE

YOU THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    I won't believe the Governing Body has any problem with facebook until I see it in writing. I see 3 elders, an elder's wife, and all the elder's children from my former congregation on Facebook right now. I refuse to believe all these witnesses are publicly contradicted Jehovah the Faithful and Discreet slave.

Ok. Fair enough. We have had plenty of people on here start threads about that CA discussion. In addition, I have sources I know who have told me the same thing.

There are letters out to elders and Circuit Overseers, with the goal of discouraging Facebook and social networking. It's that simple, and just because it isn't in writing, doesn't mean it isn't being taught.

I hope you will forgive me if I missed the sarcasm.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This shows how wimpy their faith is. If the faith was solid, it would actually strengthen it if they were to discuss it on Facebook and MySpace. If their faith was so solid, this forum would have stayed a pro-JW forum. If the faith was so strong, any attempt to start an apostate forum would be met with people getting the apostates back into it.

Now, how often do we have people that think like witlesses? I can think of several, and none of them have been able to get any of us actual apostates back into the cancer. That just shows how wimpy the religion actually is.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Even elders are told not to do shepherding calls on apostates. They can visit convicted pedophiles, they can visit serial adulterers if they want. But apostates are off limits. They are dead to the GB, because they are the ones that expose them.

All this is really is an attempt at damage control against bad publicity. They don't give a rats ass about anyones "spirituality", esp apostates.

• agonus
    agonus

I concur. It's damage control. Nothing more, nothing less.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Excellent post! This was my first thought when the GB invented the idea of rampant Facebook sex. Having been on there for a while, I knew this was a smokescreen to scare their members from joining. Most witnesses see Facebook as one of the "okay" safe internet sites and the GB has become aware of this. They know darn well the vast majority of people that join FB aren't doing it to hook up or have sex. It's just way too much information out there that they can't control, and they know it.

• agonus
    agonus

Is there even such a thing as "Facebook Sex?" How would people as sheltered as the JWs even figure out something like that, much less on an epidemic scale?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit