Watchtower cleans out Kingdom Hall Library's ...

by RR 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RR
    RR

Last night I got a call from a chap in the UK, who recently left the JW's. He wanted to compare notes with his US counterparts.

He said that a few years ago, (I think about 2 years ago) the Society cleaned out all the literature from every Kingdom Hall, particularly Russell and Rutherford books and anything prior to 1950. Giving each Hall a computer with the Watchtower CD Rom for them to use for research. He wanted to know if the same was done in the States. I can't say for sure if they have, I do know that some Kingdom Halls I have been in don't have decent library's, they have a desktop computer.

I do remember back in the early 1980s, the congregation receiving a letter from the Society, bragging about all the new building projects they were doing around the world and that they wanted all Kingdom Halls and publishers to send them their old literature so that they can distribute them to the various new Halls and headquarters so they would have a decent theocratic library.

Now in my congregation, we had about 8 bethelites, including the P.O. and most of the elders and servants. I recall boxes and boxes of books, tracts, booklets being put into cars and being hauled off to Brooklyn. I specifically remember the letter emphasizing the need of Russell/Rutherford era literature. I later found out that the Society had a bonfire with the books. Randy Watters verified it for me many years ago.

RR

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It is so deliciously ironic that the worst things ever printed about Jehovah's Witnesses are things that rolled from the Watchtower printing presses.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    It is so deliciously ironic that the worst things ever printed about Jehovah's Witnesses are things that rolled from the Watchtower printing presses.

Amen to that, bro. Amen to that.

SD-7

• donuthole
    donuthole

RR - you'll love this experience.

When I was still a JW about four years ago I got to looking at the old Russell era literature in the library and brought it to the PO's attention about the pyramidology and stuff in it, which I considered Satanic. He mentioned that the Society? CO? had mentioned something about getting rid of the old literature. I don't know if it was a recommendation or directive. It seems that if it was a directive it would have already been done. If it was just an encouragement I could see why they hadn't yet followed through. I don't remember the exact details of what as said.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

RR said:

I do remember back in the early 1980s, the congregation receiving a letter from the Society, bragging about all the new bhuilding projects they were doing around the world and that they wanted all Kingdom Halls and publishers to send them their old literature so that they can distribute them to the various new Halls and hesadquarters so they have a decent theocratic library.

Now in my congregation, we had about 8 bethelites, including the P.O. and most of the elders and servants. I recall boxes and boxes of books, tracts, booklets being put into cars and being hauled off to thye Brooklyn. I specifically remember the letter emphasizing the need of Russell/Rutherford era literature. I later found out that the Society had a bonfire with the books. Randy Watters verified it for me many years ago.

Wow! I had no idea. This just gets creepier by the day. Good heavens... another lie... another cover-up. That bizarre convention drama about burning books just became much more fitting.

RR do you have a link to any comment by Randy or anyone else on this? Of course no active Witness will believe it.

Leaving said:

Leaving, your comment is GOLD! How true that is...

• Titus
    Titus

That's really ironic. I wanted to offer the "Studies in the Scriptures" to Bethel library, and I remember that people I told that were very disturbed. Later, one of them (bethel committee member) told me that I can (or should) put those books in trash, and never ever look for them.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    When I was still a JW about four years ago I got to looking at the old Russell era literature in the library and brought it to the PO's attention about the pyramidology and stuff in it, which I considered Satanic. He mentioned that the Society? CO? had mentioned something about getting rid of the old literature.

Truly that must explain your username, donuthole. This is a classic moment. Your story just sounds like the equivalent the police finding your bloody gloves at the crime scene and you saying, "Oh, yeah. I'd been meaning to get rid of those. Awkward..."

SD-7

• cantleave
    cantleave

Our congo library still has a set of studies in the scriptures and a copy of Harp of God, they were donated by a an old sister, who is still going strong, sipping the eating the bread every year.

• yknot
    yknot

Our KH library is still 'untouched'.........

Frankly I am shocked they didn't think of that sooner.........KH libraries that reflect the CD.

• Titus
    Titus

I have all old books published in my language. Of course, my cong's elders are very unhappy because of that. They even tried to force me to offer those books for cong's library. When I mentioned that one sister has already given them "The Harp of God", so they don't need two copies, they became speechless. (I know that the book sister gave them, somehow"disapeared"...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit