Watchtower cleans out Kingdom Hall Library's ...

by RR 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

When I began to have doubts I spent months reading old publications. I read most of SIS and loads of Rutherfords books; it did not take long to become convinced that the borg was a sham.

LeavingWT your first post in this thread is spot on!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

They cleaned out the hall here when they built new. Saying they wanted to update the library with current information/teachings.

And that the old stuff well it was too old.

• wobble
    wobble

At least with the good old internet they cannot get rid of what they wrote,scans of the old stuff abound, thank goodness, it is so good to be able to shoot the dubs down in flames when they claim things like prophesying the events of 1914 etc.

I did this awhile ago, and offered to print off all the quotes for them, but they were not interested.

It is an irony also that they speak of being in the "Truth" but are not interested in seeing it, even if laid on a plate.

Love

Wobble

• Chalam
    Chalam

Great thread-I am not surprised one bit.

It is so deliciously ironic that the worst things ever printed about Jehovah's Witnesses are things that rolled from the Watchtower printing presses.

Indeed!

Of course, the worst thing printed about JW beliefs is the very bible itself.

1 Timothy 2:5 (New International Version)

5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Luke 24:39 (English Standard Version)

39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."

2 John 1:7 (New International Version)

7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Blessings,

Stephen

• frozen one
    frozen one

The book burning story is true. I have the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGHzOJlC6eo&feature=related

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In our KH we still have Studies in the Scriptures and I shit you not - The Photodrama of Creation

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Most every Hall I have been here has had a fairly well-stocked library, some better than others of course. At one time I know the Kingdom Hall in Moorhead, MN was well-known for having a complete set of Watchtowers, all the way back. Not sure how true that was, and I don't know what happened when they built a new Hall there.

No Apologies

• RR
    RR

I live in a house that has a library ... LOL ... actually the basement has 3 rooms that are wall to wall bookcases.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I remember being in my teens and having the enlightening experience of reading the Studies in the Scriptures because it was readily available in the joint KH library. Growing up in a foreign language congregation, that older stuff was completely unknown to me. Had to love those older english speaking dubs who donated all that material to that KH and at that time the elders and publishers loved to see a younger one delving into the books.

But I can corroborate that at least in South Western Ontario, several congregations in the Golden Horseshoe have purged the library of the Studies in the Scriptures and many of Rutherford's Rainbow of books. They only offered up to publishers to take home, if they wanted, duplicate copies of cruddy stuff like bound volumes of the WT post 1950, and AW post 1970. Not the damning material. I really wanted those. The library still kept a copy of the photodrama of creation. Now the elders (at the KH I'm officially shackled to least) view you with suspicion, if you spend alot of time looking through the library. They looked more than once when I'd use the New Jerusalem Bible from their library in the meetings instead of the NWT.

Its a sad/disturbing but very telling change.

• bobld
    bobld

Talk about re-writing history or trying to hide their nasty secrets.Remember in 1990 when they went to the V donation to simplify the d-d.It was only in the rich countries.They had already printed the Feb.March,April mags.on page 2 the prices for the mags was in print.

However,when they printed the hard bound volumes ,page 2 with the price for the mags was DELETED.Why,they thought they could pull the wool over the eyes of the public and they could.The sheep dead r&f never noticed and if you brought it to their attention they would deny it,oh well.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit