What should I do?

by Scorpion 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

RHW,

I agree with you about the elders not being able to help in some situations that require a more educated opinion. It seems that the answer, pray more and attend more meetings and spend more time in field service is supposed to be a cure all.

Sometimes good old common sense that Jehovah gave us is what needs to be used and we don't.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dear SC,

You might consider getting a copy of Dr. John Sarno's book "Healing Back Pain, The Mind-Body Connection".

Consider why your wife is having back problems and all the stresses of "performing" in the live of a JW, especially the women.

Just food for thought.

carmel

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Carmel,

Thank you for the book recommendation. It is funny how things start to work out. Since I have been home more helping my wife out, which is what I should have been doing, she has hardly complained about her back. I paid for her a one hour massage the other day as well as a day out with some of her friends while I took the kids to the park and went swimming etc. She seems to be feeling a lot better lately. Maybe it was the stress she had trying to keep up with the kids, home etc, mostly by her self that caused her back pains.

• waiting
    waiting

SC, you actually paid for your wife to get a back massage? Oh, yeah, you live in southern Cal, don't you. I don't think that enlightened attitude will go far in the KH or with men in general.

Great attitude - she'll keep you forever!!

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

waiting,

Actually I am from Northern CA. As far as those in the KH, my wifes good friends thought the massage was a great idea. The only thing is, she only has two good friends at the KH. Her other best friends are not JWs.

• waiting
    waiting

SC, You Dork - you missed the point.

I have never - ever - heard of a man anywhere paying for his wife to have a massage, and then taking the kids to the park so SHE could have time with her friends! My honey's a good one, but.........

I really do think it's a neat gesture, however.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I never have had to pay for a message for my wife.. do it myself! Taught my son to do massage as well and he is always being asked to perform! It's a great way to get to know people and be of service.

carmel with the touch

• waiting
    waiting

Seeing that people in the rest of the USA don't consider California mentality like theirs, this comment will be ok. At least in the redneck south.

I have never met two liberal men at the same time. It boggles my mind - words leave this woman.

At least one of you is lying.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

First of all I want to establish that I am not a redneck. BUT...I have to concede that I'm from the South. I just want to clear something up here before it gets too far...Coming out of the closet, so to speak. I have never refused a woman a massage! There, I've said it now and I feel better! (no pun intended on the 'feel' thing!)

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Frenchy, I'm sure most men would give a massage, being men and all.

I guess what got my undivided attention was that SC PAID another person to give HIS WIFE a massage, along with an afternoon with her friends, and he actually took care of the kids for her at the same time.

Come on.......is this guy great or what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit