Before I washed the dishes this morning................!

by iknowall558 49 Replies latest jw friends

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

John Smeaton was the baggage handler at Glasgow Airport who rushed to help the police restrain the terrorists who tried to blow up the airport by crashing their jeep through the front doors. He became an overnight hero. This is what he said when he was interviewed by the news channels....."We'll set aboot ye.."!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Why do this? Take it from Edmond Burke: " All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

GLT

• nugget
    nugget

Big Respect to you. You are right. The danger the JWs pose is that they appear friendly and normal not too freaky and people get sucked in. Even ewhen you've had your nose to the grindstone for 40 years you still don't see what a danger it is until you get an almighty kick up the arse. If people are warned before they even start then this is a good thing.

Great job.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Wow. You are an uber apostate. You've got some guts to go right up to householders at their door when the JW's are standing there. Are there other apostates doing this? JW's love to distribute literature trashing other religions and now they are getting a taste of their own haha.

There are big spin-off benefits from what you're doing: it not only warns the householders but you can be sure that some JW's in the congregation would have read the tract, which will put disturbing seeds of doubt in their minds. Also, if I was a JW in your area I would be greatly discouraged from going door to door knowing you were distributing these everywhere. I'd be embarrassed to go on field service with accusations like that going about in the community.

I think the leaflet is pretty good but parts of it could be improved a bit.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Yadda Yadda... I agree with what you say about the leaflets. There are a few us actively 'campaigning' against the JW religion, but in different ways. I want to be in the foreground, and be 'seen' doing this. I am proud of what I am doing because I know its worthwhile. We are in the mind to try and get more leaflets drafted up on our own and get them into print. The 'Danger' leaflet gets the point across and nothing in it is untrue, but I think bringing it more up to date would improve it.

The CO's final comments yesterday at the meeting was all centered on the congregation to 'keep going' in the ministry no matter what they come up against. Apostasy wasnt mentioned, and neither was my stunt the other day, but like you say, I do think it will take a bit more courage at the moment for the dubs to get out there and plug their religion.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

GLT That is a good quote from Edmund Burke and I agree with it. Im not sure if you are asking me why Im doing this or if your post is in reply to another poster asking the same question.

I explained on the previous page to Paul from Cleveland why I am doing this. I feel it is completely necessary for me to do this for the reasons mentioned. There is another quote on the page you referred me to...: -

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

I can change the word 'world' to 'organization'. I am equipped with enough knowledge about it now to know that it is a dangerous place to be....and for this reason....I cannot look on and do nothing.

• wobble
    wobble

Could not the brains and "techi" expertise on here, JWN, help with producing an improved leaflet, one we could all download ?

WELL DONE !

love

Wobble

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Wow, you went to the meeting after doing that?

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Wobble.....It would be great if between us we could come up with a dynamite leaflet. I know that some probably have, and a poster on here has offered to send leaflets to my choice of 'addresses' here in Scotland, and as far as I know they are on their way. (Thanks so much again.....you know who you are). Passwordprotected and Hoboken are going to put their heads together, and produce one that covers all the issues we are familiar with, but with up to date WT quotes etc added to the already amazing ones made by the WT in times past.

Yadda .....LOL. Could you imagine me going to the meeting after that? But, ....thats a thought...........

• boyzone
    boyzone

Fantastic stuff! If you get a leaflet sorted, can you post a PDF to download? I'll get photocopies done my end and have some fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit