JWs don't leave the organization over doctrine

by doublelife 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

There is no way they can really know. I think a lot of them just leave without the JW's knowing why. They just fade away...................there is no way they can be included in the JW poll...I left because of the teachings and hypocritical ways..............But I wrote them a letter to tell them that..

I know more that left because they didn't beleve or like the teachings than I did that were disfelowshipped for wrongdoing. I only knew three in our congregation that were disfellowshipped but many that just quit coming...that poll is a blatant lie. Or someones dream...

Snoozy

• doublelife
    doublelife

SirNose586 and Magwitch, I hadn't thought of that before. Good point. I remember when I was still in and I would hear of those getting df'd over conduct. I wonder how many of them were already out mentally.

jdhf, welcome to the board. I think a lot of us have those feelings after leaving. I hate the fact that I used to defend the cult and now that I know it's a cult, I'm very humbled. I've learned a big life lesson to not treat others and look at others as if I'm smarter or that my way is the only right way. I feel like there wasn't one correct teaching that I was taught, not even one. Everything was a lie and now I'm going through the process of trying to find out what I believe. It's kind of becoming an obsession; it's taking up a lot of my time. I have 27 years of indoctrination to undue.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I really take my hat off to those independent thinkers out there who saw through the BS and acted upon it. I have only had my lights turned on in the past year, and I`ve been out for almost 6!! Better late than never I guess but still, I feel like I was such an idiot for sitting there and believing it all those years...

jdhf, your story is heartbreaking, hang in there and answers will come

• agonus
    agonus

JDHF:

Tell your kids the one thing they'll NEVER hear from the WT:

"Honey, I really don't know. But you know what? Sometimes it's OK not to know. We will never have all the answers in this life. If we did, we'd be Jehovah. In fact, sometimes it's better NOT to have answers than answers that turn out to be wrong, or we knew deep inside were wrong all along. But the important thing is that I love you and will be there for you no matter what!"

Just be honest and tell her what's in your heart. You don't have to say exactly what I did, obviously, but you get the gist of where I'm coming from. Answers from the heart, given to people who still have hearts, will usually eventually win out over "pat" or phony canned answers, especially when the person being given the pat answers realizes those answers are subject to change at any moment.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

magwitch - unless becoming athiest, how after leaving is having sex okay now? This is a question, not trying to debate, I just don't know where that realization can come from, less just not believing in the bible anymore?

• freydo
    freydo

jdhf - I think you nailed it. It's like a lost love that can't be replaced. Unless you go back to where it went off the tracks.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians%202:12&version=NIV;NASB;AMP;KJV;DARBY;

Ph 2:12 (AMP) "Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, [a]with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ)."

• wobble
    wobble

JDHF ! Hi ! Big Wobble Welcome to the place for love and support for xdubbies !

I have relatives in Ireland some in, some faded so I will PM you right now. (click the letter symbol up on the right hand side.)

Love

Wobble

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

(((((((JDHF)))))))

You should be proud of yourself for telling your children the truth. They will adjust and understand that you have always done what you believed was the right thing. I hate it that I missed out on celebrations with my babies as well.

• minimus
    minimus

Leaving because of doctrine indicates a person looks at facts, evidence and research to make an informed decision. Such ones clearly see the "Truth" isn't true. TONS of people leave simply because of facts and proof. I'm one of them, I'm proud to say.

Bullshit is bullshit.

• acolytes
    acolytes

The only reason people leave the organisation is because their is a lack of love .. Leaving because of doctrine wouldnt be possible if their was love.

Acolytes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit