JWs don't leave the organization over doctrine

by doublelife 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wobble
    wobble

I too left because of false doctrine,long before the above quoted WT came out.

But I remember that kind of statement being made, that most were DF'd for immorality.wereas the truth of the matter is that many many leave because of the false teachings.

To see an example of their dirty tricks, look at Paulapollos's thread, where he shows that they were all DF'd for apostasy, from Mill Hill bethel, but subsequently one of their number did something wrong, and that is being sited as the reason he was goonered.

Love

Wobble

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

doctrinal issues softened me up for quietly leaving too.

I've heard of another very recent disfellowshipping. This poor person has been disfellowshipped for something he/she did when he/she was a teenager, 20 years ago (immorality has been hinted at).

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I've heard of another very recent disfellowshipping. This poor person has been disfellowshipped for something he/she did when he/she was a teenager, 20 years ago (immorality has been hinted at).

Isnt that a total disgusting thing????

And yet the WTBS will tell you that disfellowshipping is much more than "Crime and Punishment"......and that it is a last resort!

I know of friends who had done things years previous, were good "JW's", begged to stay, etc...and still got the gauntlet.

No, none of us ever leave over doctrine......LOL

Doctrine + their loving, compassion policies toward the "Flock" = SEE YA!!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

People get disfellowshipped over conduct; people disconnect with the org over doctrine.

It seems to me that most DF'd people come back with a vengeance as newly zealous dubs.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Thanks for everyone's responses. This subject is personal to me because I am leaving over doctrine. It made me mad when I first read this.

Mythbuster, that's the article I was looking for.

Atlanis, thanks for scanning that in. I didn't keep that magazine and I'd like to print out a copy for my records.

yknot, even though that link wasn't the article I was looking for thanks for posting it. I found something else in that article that I needed.

• wobble
    wobble

Dear doublelife,

Just being nosey, which doctrine in particular ? or all of them ?

Love

Wobble

p.s I would not be surprised if a goodly number of DF'd ones found out the truth about the WT, and then ,like a spring released, did something that got them DF'd , but a realisation of the false doctrines was the trigger.

• doublelife
    doublelife

wobble,

I refer you to jwfacts.com. All of the info on there is what did it for me. But the final straw was the 607 B.C.E. hoax.

p.s. I've already done something that would get me df'd. The elders just don't know it yet.

• Aurelius
    Aurelius

Makes me sick how they equate being in 'Jehovah's love' as remaining a Jehovah's Witness !!!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

wobble...

p.s I would not be surprised if a goodly number of DF'd ones found out the truth about the WT, and then ,like a spring released, did something that got them DF'd , but a realisation of the false doctrines was the trigger.

That is what I was going to post. Many leave because of the falsehood and then realize it is okay to celebrate the holidays, have sex etc. and that is when the mafia makes their move. Therefor putting in our little df paper that goes to brooklyn..."Gross wrong doing"

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Clyde and I left the organization because of conduct--the conduct of the Watchtower--joining the UN, forcing families to shun their relatives, the blood transfusion ban, their egotistical bantering that we had to give them our total obedience, their putting a guilt trip on young people if they went to college....I could go on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit