How good is it to be out?

by hotchocolate 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

I'll let ya know in about a month ;)

• Dagney
    Dagney

Whoo hoo for you!!! I am so happy for you honey!

When you are in the midst of it, don't ya wonder how in the world it will all come out? Not really sure how we will survive the situation with family/friends...doubting if it is a better life...leaving all that was familiar, etc. etc. etc.

Then we do it, and come out the other side..stronger, happier, exhilerated! We had the power all along.

Here's to freedom!

• chickpea
    chickpea

i had an economics professor whose
    words echo in my head to this day>>>>

you change one thing, and everythng changes....

dropped the WTS and everything has changed...
    mostly for the better and that which is less than
    better is all the more bearable without the
    interference of the b0rg.....

lemme hear ya say it william wallace:

F-R-E-E-D-O-M ! ! ! ! !

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It took a while but I don't feel like a fake anymore

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They make it difficult on purpose. Any family that is still in is forced to cut you off for leaving, raising the cost for anyone that simply wants to be free of the burden of mandatory field circus and boasting session attendance, or that sees something wrong with something the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is teaching. You will be required to cut off family members that simply believe that "a generation" means ONE generation, not two different generations strung together like sets of Christmas lights. Anyone that wants their children to live a real life, instead of pio-sneering, will also be cut off.

The object for them is to isolate anyone that attempts to leave (and harass them, for good measure--and that's if they have a family). That makes leaving much more difficult, since often they are set up so their financial security depends on them remaining witlesses. If they are caught not believing something that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts out (even if it is blatantly wrong), they will be isolated and cut off, leaving them to flounder (and, the harassment makes it even harder). That often prevents people from finding somewhere else to go, especially if they were trained to not succeed in the world and their material provisions and housing also come from the witlesses.

Yes, it's good to not have to worry about going to the boasting sessions. I also don't have to worry about anything except the rent when the end of the month comes--no worrying about getting my one hour of field circus in. No worrying about what kind of I am going to run into at the door, or the rules they make up for people in field circus. No worrying about being kept out until late in the afternoon when I only wanted to stay out until noon. No having to worry about eating McDonald's food every day. No having to worry about defending a belief that is not possible to defend (what worldly person, for instance, is going to believe "a generation" is a group of people whose lives intersect with the people that saw the beginning"?). Or, having to worry about a householder getting pxxxed off by one too many witlesses and returning to the door with a dog, a gun, or a can of pepper spray or Mace.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

OTWO - Wow, it's been two years!!! I still remember writing that first paragraph on this site. My heart was pounding but I after all my research I knew I had to take that step. I was still so controlled then, but knowledge is power and it didn't take long before I started taking back the power.

WT Wizard - "christmas lights" haha classic. I agree with you completely. Isolating people that leave is the one thing that helps keep their numbers up. It's not about keeping the congo clean, all of us know active witnesses that are breaking the rules while still being acceptable.

To me the men that made these rules are like a controlling, abusive husband. When his wife attempts to leave, he wants to punish her because he is angered at having lost the control. It's all about control and pride. These men have the audacity to presume God is talking through them, you can see how pissed off they would be when someone tells them they are full of shit.

x

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

And to Slayerbard and for anyone else about to leave... prepare as best you can.

For me it was hard because I had to leave the state, and I started somewhere new where I didn't know anyone and had no job. That was a killer. In retrospect it made me very strong, and although I personally have no regrets, it's not the easiest way to do things.

Develop some good friends outside before you leave. Try to have support from somewhere else - friends at work, a 'worldly' mothers group, a sports club etc. Join up and make these friends before you leave... be prepared for hard times, but know also that there will come a day when you will recognise that leaving was the best thing you ever did for yourself.

• tinker
    tinker

You've come a long way baby, er, we've all come a long long way and it feels GREAT! Thank you for the great advice to others looking for a way Out. I agree, begin to develope friendships outside and take your leave on your own terms. We will never again alow a cult to do our thinking for us. Girls rule, the WTBS drool!

Congratulations and may peace be with you Tinker

• besty
    besty

woohoo - free woman - the time is right for a few rebound relationships :-))))

• besty
    besty

You've come a long way mate! I'm proud to see you've made it and are so positive just now. Time for a new chapter in your life. Onwards and upwards.

Here's to FREEDOM!!!!!

Luv ya.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit