How good is it to be out?

by hotchocolate 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

I was in the truth all my life, I pioneered and was deeply involved. I left because I realised the real truth and I could not live a hypocritical life.

The first year was terrible, I went to the lowest of low. I could see no future. And still I never ever once felt regret at leaving. There's a lot to be said for truly following your heart.

Since then, life has handed me some beautiful stuff. I'm really excited about my future. I went to court today and was awarded my divorce. I gave the judge a big smile as I left. Life is good. I love being free.

"But where else will you go?" a friend said as I was leaving.

And I replied,"To Freedom!"

• troubled mind
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

That where else will you go line is their hook to get you back in. Witnesses are slaves and can only be told what to do and how to live their lives. The concept of making your own decisions and choosing for yourself is just plain foriegn and frightning to them.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

It's kinda a dumb line. "Where else will you go????" all forlorn.

"Um, how about somewhere where some dickheads in New York aren't deciding on what I should do in my marital bedroom?"

Yeah that might be a good start. :-)

• freewilly01
    freewilly01

I already Love you............... No matter how hard it is or difficult to leave, Freedom turned me on so much it was worth anything to be free from the BorgOrg:

Old dudes who never got it on..... actually having the balls to think that they are inspired of god and god's direct channel. Can you believe we actually bought that bullcrap?

I was so lucky that my spouse hit the wall at a similar time and we both left, that is what I consider a modern day miracle .

NEVER LOOK BACK!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Congratulations on your escape! It is sad that they don't know that they don't need those old coots run their lives for them and can't see the damage they do.

• Think About It
    Think About It

HotChoc.....good luck on your new life. If a person wants to be a JW that is fine by me, but for those not wanting to be one there is a new life waiting for you.

• nelly136
    nelly136

mastercard style

cost of leaving......family home and supposed friends.

rebuilding from scratch....took time

long term ripple....lack of grandparents for kids

end result....PRICELESS!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, it's two days past your two-year anniversary here on JWN. Happy anniversary, happy freedom day.

One tiny side note. Please put "the truth" in quotes or stop using the term. It's part of your freedom to stop using "their" terms.

Othwise, WOO HOO for YOU!!!!!

• yknot
    yknot

......damn I am envious....

but extremely happy for yall who have made it to the other side as it gives us hope that we too will cross over!

Think About It (one of our newest posters - joined yesterday!)

and Welcome! I am glad you have joined!

I think you will find we have many posters from Texas!

Be sure to be on the lookout for 'Apostagethers'

Don't forget to tell us a litte about yourself and WTs history too!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit