how much longer do you give it?

by agent zero 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

The Bible Students are still around, and you are thinking that the JW's are going into extinction?

Ha, ha, ha..........dream on.

Judge Dread

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I agree with H. L. Mencken: "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." In other words, those who prey on the gullible never want for new victims. The best we can do is "act locally", doing the best we can to protect ourselves, our own families, and our friends from becoming involved with the WT organization, and assisting those victims inside who are receptive to making their get-away.

GLT

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    The best we can do is "act locally", doing the best we can to protect ourselves, our own families, and our friends from becoming involved with the WT organization, and assisting those victims inside who are receptive to making their get-away.

Are you serious?

Who cares?

I sure don't care.

People can join the Moonies for all I care.

Judge Dread

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I doubt the new "generation" will result in more than a few people risking breaking up their families and harassment from other witlesses to challenge the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger on that one. They are told that they are to believe in, and teach, whatever the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger teaches. Even if they can prove the teaching is wrong from their own Bible, they are to believe in and teach the bad teaching until the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger itself fixes it. That alone is going to cause a lot of people in the cancer to wait on Jehovah, who is as likely to create more problems than solve.

What I am hoping for is that the Internet will cut off their supply of fresh money. Without money, they cannot continue spreading the cancer in Nigeria and Angola, where there are 6 figure memberships, more than 2 studies per publisher, and each study has a higher risk of joining the cancer than in more advanced parts of the world. People will do the research, find that it is a scam or that people are mistreated once in the religion, and cut the study short. The ones that have the means to donate huge amounts to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund will not join, while those who do join will be mostly people that cannot donate anything. Hopefully Prince will come to his senses before financing the total Witless-ization of all of Africa and China.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

If something big happens, I don't think it will be like in 1925, or even in 1975. Everyone is on the internet these days. Information spreads so fast. People are going to keep leaving, and less and less people will join as more and more people hear the truth about JWs.

However...I think they have a while. There's a couple of generations (the real meaning, not the WT meaning...) of people who seem pretty stuck with it, but more and more younger ones are leaving.

They're already focused a lot more on other countries, where people don't have as much internet access and can't research them.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have been discussing the "nooo Lite" about the generation with as many people as I can. They all seeem to take it in their stride, with comment like "isn't it wonderful the way Jehovah reveals things in his own time. Cognitive dissonance kicks in big time. CULT!!!!!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

the age of the GB - their age ain't that high, it has been renewed in later years and the newer ones (Herd, Lett, Splane) have taken much responsability.

2012 - can't be hyped THAT much, since no-one but you have heard of it?

• wobble
    wobble

I think that if we wish to help hurry the demise of the WT one thing we can do is at every opportunity, in conversation, on the Net, anywhere, label it for what it is, a Cult, as Cantleave said.

This kind of propaganda gets into the mind of the Public and they don't like the sound of a Cult. As it is true , we do not need to hesitate in using the term.

As to how long the WT will last, I think they can survive with a much reduced total membership, but a lot of economies will have to be made. I just hope the numbers leaving keep on increasing, which will have an effect on hardliners still in, might even make a thought spark into life in their brain, just maybe.

Remember, always refer to the JW-Cult !

Love

Wobble

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Unfortunately, I believe the WTBS will be like Rasputin and Detective John McClain.....it will Die Hard......

The main thing is that its importance in my life expired in 2008 - in that case, TIME'S UP!

It has very deep pockets, and some dedicated followers - it isnt going anywhere soon......

It would be fun to see another post-Russell type uprising in the organization, or a post 1975 defection.

I would love to see that in my lifetime.

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

please don't hold your breath waiting for the Watchtower Society to fall. Its not going to happen.

They will be around throughout our lifetimes and long after that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit