Scriptures engraved in artillery

by cameo-d 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Beks, I would stick to the Kamasutra in order to please our socially moderate friends.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Journey-on

"The point is, Villa, it worked. It stirred the sh*tpot and gave all you rabid anti-Americans (including those right here in our own country) another excuse to spout more venom. By all means, though, let's make them re-tool and change their numbers and letters for those whose sensibilities are injured. No religious statements were made per se, btw."

" . . .gave all you rabid anti-Americans . . ."And to think I was being kind by toning down the harshness of my response to your first post (3636) by not say, actually editing it after I wrote it out,

J-o: "Stir up the rage, anger, hate, anti-Americanism."

Villa: "America has done a lot to earn it"

"By all means though, let's make them re-tool and change their numbers and letters for those whose sensibilities are injured" They do not have to retool to change their numbers. It's obvious, if they have the alpha-numerics for scripture citation, that they can engrave any number or letter. And if it is an inconvenience that is the fault of their arrogant mind set as well as the government that is supposed to screen these things.

"No religious statements were made per se, btw." Whether they be statements, aphorisms, analogies, or verses is irrelevant. They are religious.

villabolo

• cameo-d
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I think maybe that Rachael "The Dirty Pirate Hooker" Maddow may be right in this case. It's probably not a good idea to have that on those ACOGs and I think that the verses should be removed...and then I think the Army needs to find some terrorists/insurgents/what have you, and make sure the scopes are still zeroed.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This is a mountain out of a molehill. We've had weapons platforms and other important things named after Greek gods, and myths of the Greek religion, and nary a peep from the Maddows. Someone puts a letter and a couple of numbers in a model number, and many years later someone finds it on a thread at the Dawkins forum (yes, that is how this story came to the attention of ABC) and the anti-christians go all in a tizzy and release an "important piece of investigative journalism". It's just silly. You could have used an ACOG for an entire career and not known it. Who has been violated here? Who has been hurt? Is one stamped serial number versus another going to make the device less effective? Is the purchase of a device with a serial number so evil that no one has noticed for decades an endorsement of religion? The whole church/state thing has been taken to an extreme in some circles. Political correctness to the extreme. It's Pharisaic. And all the little Pavlovian lapdogs start to drool rabidly once the right responses get elicited by the PC brigades.

BTS

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Hell Burns, it's just typical behavior on their part. It kinda reminds me of the country saying "Well bless your heart".

BTW, those Trijicons are the sh** aren't they?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Yeah, I really want one for the AR build I have been planning for...well for a long time.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

What a hypocrite

• villabolo
    villabolo

". . . and the anti-christians go all in a tizzy . . ."

Oh gosh! Give me a minute so I can get my horn and tails. We should include Jews as well. But supposedly, since they killed Christ, they deserve at least an insult. And by the way what is your Jehovah's Witness like pseudo explanation for ignoring:

John 18:36: Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

What arrogance you have to think this nation or any other represents the Biblical God. They both have their own agendas.

villabolo

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Villabobo is a master of the straw man.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit