Scriptures engraved in artillery

by cameo-d 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cameo-d
  • SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Jesus imparts his wisdom through high speed lead. Didn't you know that?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Words fail me...

• JeffT
    JeffT

Two things.

One, doing that was stupid.

Two, you don't know what you're talking about, rifles are not artillery.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Thank you for the video Cameo-d.

villabolo

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MnCqWdgeqc

He quotes:

Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. (I believe this is Psalm 144, verse 1)

My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. (This is the verse following the one above)

O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Two things.

One, doing that was stupid.

No. It's badass.

BTS

• villabolo
    villabolo

BTS, you do know the difference between an individual reciting or perhaps choosing to engrave a scripture himself as opposed to having it engraved on every issued weapon/accessory? In saving Private Ryan the sniper was not imposing his beliefs upon others but in this situation a religious belief that indirectly and implicitly damns non Christians is being foisted on what is supposed to be a religiously diverse and respected group.

Besides, you need to realize-I assume you're Catholic- that the Catholic religion is damned as idol worshippers by the type of people (Christian Fundamentalists) who engraved those scriptures on those scopes.

villabolo

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

BTS , you do know the difference between an individual reciting or perhaps choosing to engrave a scripture himself as opposed to having it engraved on every issued weapon/accessory?

Ah. I didn't catch that distinction. I've just heard the whole clip. I get it now. My point was that warriors have long customized and adorned their own weapons, I thought that was the case here.

BTS

• villabolo
    villabolo

BTS:

"Ah. I didn't catch that distinction. I've just heard the whole clip. I get it now. My point was that warriors have long customized and adorned their own weapons, I thought that was the case here"

I'm aware that warriors have long customized and adorned their weapons. I never was a warrior but I've done the same thing. The distinction you didn't catch and you need some Cuban Coffee to rethink the case here is the simple fact that the weapons/accessories were not engraved by the warriors themselves but by the manufacturer and distributed to anyone regardless of whether he's offended or not.

The are of course the other issues that Rachel Maddow brought out but if you could just focus on the point that these weapon's engravings are being foisted on people with a different religion it would be appreciated.

villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit