Were There Any JW Doctrines Or Beliefs That You Found Confusing?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Most Witnesses never could explain exactly who the "Faithful Slave" was (according to the Society's explanation). The resurection of the Sodomites was another bewildering thing. Were they or weren't they going to be resurrected? Very confusing.

Was there any belief that you had a hard time comprehending?

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

How about the J.F. Rutherford fables in the Revelation Book?

I used to get embarrassed trying to explain that BS to someone who wanted a Revelation book.

• minimus
    minimus

Any prophecy , especially when it refers ultimately to the anointed. I loved the "Greater" fulfillments! So dumb.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The men who were dead 3 and a half days, how that ties in with the organization back in the early days.

The arrest of a board of a directors tying in to Revelation.

Hell, anything they use from Revelation- Cedar Point, Ohio. The locusts. Anything.

• Terry
    Terry

Door to door preaching is what makes a witness a Witness.

But, the message has been crap.

So, just witnessing to crap makes crappy Jehovah's Witnesses.

Should Jehovah be crappy?

If the message is evidence of the returned Jesus "directing" his Organization---my god! Jesus is an awful king of the Kingdom of God.

Who wants a King who can't get anything done??

Could it be the entire preaching campaign from start to finish for the last 100 years is just a terrible error compounded over and over?

The run up to the non-event of 1975 should have been the end of this false-prophesying cult. If any honest person had been connected to this religion they would have left shortly afterward. But, no. The lies continue.

I find this confusing.

• minimus
    minimus

The "generation".....I'm still confused!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm with OTWO. The 2 witnesses, the 3 1/2 days, 1919, Ruthorford going to jail and the mental hoops one had to jump through trying to link it to the bible.

W

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I still can't figure if I should call it a 'Back Call', or a 'Return Visit', or a 'Here we are again visit'! I'm so confused, and I don't want to get it wrong and not have the 'pure' Theocratic language and miss out on the 'New World' or is it the 'New Order'?

Outaservice

• minimus
    minimus

I never quite understood JWs can't toast. No one thinks of demons. There was an article saying if a certain practice no longer is viewed as connected with demonism, it's a conscience matter. The article was after 2000.

• minimus
    minimus

As an elder, it was confusing to be told one day, that we should be "merciful" toward wrongdoers and then later, in the same year, we're told to "remove" the same people so as to not contaminate the flock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit