Confused about the current generation teaching? Get your Watchtower Generation chart

by truthseeker 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

While talking to my mom last night about the generation change, I mentioned that I wished someone would compile a chart about the changes. Thank you so much. I can now show her. She's never going back to the org but she's still defensive, saying that there's a lot of good in it. My hope is that someday she will see it for what it really is and share her experiences with others.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Ever hear of the "overcomers" a word connected with Russell's Bible Student movement? In Russell's religion it was another name or term for the Anointed, Bride of Christ, Elect, Elijah class, Sons of God, Little Flock, etc.

Now according to the latest WT, "this generation" meant "...the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation." WT Apr. 15, 2010

I don't know if others have said this, but, for what it's worth, now we have a name for the generation of the anointed who were alive in 1914 and whose lives touched the generation of lives of anointed who would see the start of the tribulation: The "overlappers." Forgive me for I just couldn't resist!

Barb

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

LOL I love that.

And I think the OVERCOMERS are us who have at last escaped from the brainwashing.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Even if you just take the GB as a representative of the Demographic being described in the April 15 2010 watchtower. Oldest J Barr born 1913. Youngest Geoffrey Jackson born 1955. If geoff lives till the age of 85 that another 30 years. Good god if he lives to 100 that buys 45 years.

Imgine wasting another 45 years -urrrrrragh.

• besty
    besty

hey truthseeker - your chart just went global :-)

its on the freeminds home page

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/chronology/this-generation-teaching-changes-for-6th-time-in-april-15-2010-watchtower.html

where, like the anointed class, it will live forever....

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

hey where did it go?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

nevermind I got it

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The guide is great. If you don't mind I would like to add it to jwfacts.com.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

jwfacts,

You're welcome, please feel free to add the chart.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

So now we have a new class, the Overlapper Class! Looks to me like they were overlapping up the swill served at the spiritual feast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit