If the Watchtower truly collapsed, how would you deal with your JW relatives?

by nicolaou 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Was wondering how newer members of the forum might respond to this

Or how people's opinions may have changed ...

Right now I think it would be hard. Basically they are estranged through their own choice. I don't know them anymore and don't know if I'd ever want to now. We've moved on and they are strangers from my past. All we have in common is some shared memory of a distant life.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN
  • done4good
    done4good

I am not so sure an organizational "collapse" will equal JW's beliefs automatically evaporating. The behaviors, (such as shunning), are likely to endure for some time, as these are not only deeply ingrained, but also a product of the cognitive dissonance they experience. While the failure of the religion itself under a purely rational analysis, should make someone rethink their actions and behaviors, human nature simply does not work that way. They were JWs for a reason, and that underlying reasoning, (no matter how flawed), does not necessarily need an organization to exist. That said, I think those already "on the fence", will likely fall on the right side of it.

Those that I care about, (so not everyone), that fall on the "right" side, will find me waiting for them. The others are mere former acquaintances.

d4g

• zeb
    zeb
    perhaps.. invite them to a big book burning on the site of the kh?
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    I don't have any JW relatives. They made that pretty clear.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    JWs are JW because God is real to them, their faith in God does not depend on the WT. The JW Christian congregation could never collapse because Jesus Christ is the foundation.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

JWs are JW because God is real to them, their faith in God does not depend on the WT. The JW Christian congregation could never collapse because Jesus Christ is the foundation.

Can't tell if you're posting sarcasm or bullshit . . . . . . . . think I'm going with . . . . bullshit.

• 4thgen
    4thgen
    Gently. Learning TTATT can be quite a shock. In private I'd be doing wild yahoos.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If the Watchtower truly collapsed, how would you deal with your JW relatives?

......Image result for Watchtower logo brown...Image result for ha ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit