"Secret Watchtower" - No, there is NO Secret Watchtower

by RubaDub 26 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

So as not to hijack other threads, I still can't understand why people keep referring to the new, "members only" Watchtower as "Secret?"

There's nothing secret about it. If you go to the meeting, you will get a copy. If you have a family member, you can get a copy. The exact same situation applies with the Kingdom Ministry. I never hear of people referring to it as "Secret."

The Kingdom Ministry, like the new Watchtower, is for members only. For example, if you go to work for company ABC, you will get an employee handbook. It's typically not some secret document but for employees only. Nothing more. School teachers have a teachers' manual and workbook to follow. Again, it's not some secret, just for those who will use the information as intended.

Come on people. If you want to talk about the Flock book or information for elders only, then, yes, you could refer to that as "secret." But information that is readily available for anyone who asks ... sorry .... no secrets in my book.

Rub a Dub

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Agreed.

There are always conspiracy theorists everywhere.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Rub, you are right, that the word "secret" is not completely true. This publication is free to get in the KH for study.

But,

Can a JW unbelieving husband (who does not go to the meeting) get one?

Can person aproached in a FS get one?

Can JWs friend, neighbour, workmate ask for one just to see?

Can any Bible-scholar get one just to check JW beliefs?

Official policy as presented in KH - NO WAY!

If I am not allowed to obtain some information, i consider the information as a secret. (I am sure you have some proper word for it in english....) But I dont want to argue over words.

Albert

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The real messages in the Secret Watchtower are written with special ink that only becomes visible under the sickening greenish fluorescent illumination of the Kingdom Hall.

"Trust me, I'm from The WATCHTOWER and I'm here to save your life."

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

"Trust me, I'm from The WATCHTOWER and I'm here to save your life
    ."

Nathan ... lol

Rub a Dub

• changeling
    changeling

My witness parents live with me. Dad's an elder. No, I can't get a study WT. I go in his room when he's at the meetings if I want to read something I've heard of here.

As for the KM, it is for active publishers only.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Can a JW unbelieving husband (who does not go to the meeting) get one?
    Can person aproached in a FS get one?
    Can JWs friend, neighbour, workmate ask for one just to see?
    Can any Bible-scholar get one just to check JW beliefs?

Albert ....

True, but based on your reasoning .....

1. Anything on cable TV is "secret" ... it's not available like it was before ... now you need cable or a satellite dish and pay to get it. So that makes CNN, BBC, HBO and other programming "secret?"

2. A local sporting event (i.e. football) is "blacked out" from being on free TV because not enough tickets are sold. Now, you have to go and buy a ticket and acutally go to the game to see it. Does that make it a "secret" game?

3. The information in your local newspaper must then be "secret", since you either have to buy it or have to go somewhere (like the library) to read it.

Albert, others reason like you do, but I still don't get it.

Rub a Dub

• changeling
    changeling

Can we call it the "insider WT", then? :)

• rebel8
    rebel8

se⋅cret

–adjective

1.done, made, or conducted without the knowledge of others: secret negotiations.
    2.kept from the knowledge of any but the initiated or privileged: a secret password.
    3.faithful or cautious in keeping confidential matters confidential; close-mouthed; reticent.
    4.designed or working to escape notice, knowledge, or observation: a secret drawer; the secret police.
    5.secluded, sheltered, or withdrawn: a secret hiding place.
    6.beyond ordinary human understanding; esoteric.
    7.(of information, a document, etc.)
    a.bearing the classification secret.
    b.limited to persons authorized to use information documents, etc., so classified.
  • Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Rub, you are right, Secret is not ideal word, thats why I put it in quotation marks.

BTW, based on your reasoning, there is nothing secret in the world, you always can join the group, that has exclusive acces to such secret information....

Flock book is not secret, becouse you can become an elder and get it...

KGB materials are no secret, becouse you can join KGB and get access to it...

Who killed JFK is not a secret, beause you can...

But when it comes to religion, it is very unusual and suspicious to hide basic belifs from public. Its not about , church policies or finances.... I would understand that, its basic beliefs! They are not publicly avilable, just for those who are in.... thats absolutely weird....

Albert

Albert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit