The Probabilty of there being an Intelligent Designer

by cantleave 140 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here is my basic reasoning on why I reject ID:

1. People who support ID say they do because of how complex life and the universe are. They say such complexity certainly must have been created by a higher being.

2. I reject this because one is left wondering: Who created the creator?

3. If the universe is so complex that it needs to have been created, then why does the creator not need to be created. The creator is, after all, more complex than the universe itself.

4. I say leave out the extra step of the more complex creator and just leave the less complex universe by itself.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

cantleave

This simple to complex makes far more sense to me than the eternal existence of a high complex, highly intelligent designer.

How about consciousness? Jeff

It keeps coming back to the 'Who created the creator?' for me. And of course, what was first? Something had to exist to form what came later in the universe, and how did that happen?

The law of causality states, that every effect has a cause. God is not an effect so He does not have a cause.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The law of causality states, that every effect has a cause. God is not an effect so He does not have a cause.

QED, redux. This just keeps getting better and better . Sylvia

• rebel8
    rebel8

One of the most profound sentences that changed my life (along with developing an understanding of the concepts & facts behind it):

Natural selection isn't random.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Intelligent Design is not an answer it simply says that magic did it and stops all further inquiry.

Evolution of life from lifeless molecules is explained by the fact that there are "self replicating molecules" which was discovered because of men not satisfyied with the magical God did it by a miracle explaination and were looking for a much more rational explination.

The Origin of Life Made Easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8nYTJf62sE&feature=PlayList&p=B374BCBCB15738B8&index=2

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Where did the self-replicatiing molucules come from?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The biggest case against an Intelligent Designer is his supposed representative here on earth, namely the WTS.

Being that the only evidence to date of a ID is ancient mythology, an earnest effort to keep inside of intellectual honesty,

one should express a negative conclusion.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Intelligent Design is not an answer it simply says that magic did it and stops all further inquiry.

Wrong!

I believe in God not magic.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

When a huge comet hits the earth destroying everything completely for hundreds of miles from

point of impact, this is not an indicator of an intelligent designer.

• snowbird
    snowbird

When a huge comet hits the earth destroying everything completely for hundreds of miles from
    point of impact, this is not an indicator of an intelligent designer.

Just as the Bible teaches, it's an indicator of an intelligent Evil One run amok, Charlie Brown!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit