HUGE, Faithful and discreet slave SEPARATED from other annointed now!!

by EndofMysteries 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Doesn't really seem like anything new. It's been their position for decades that there different terms standing for the same group, depending on what role is emphasized.

"Faithful and Discreet slave" refers to all the anointed, in their role as "suppliers of spiritual food".

"Domestics" refers to the same group, but in their role as "receivers of spiritual food".

Of course, the writing style is muddled so that it's easy to get confused. I think they do it on purpose, so people have a tendency to not think too deeply about it and say "Well, they're deeper thinkers than we are, so they must have it right!"

• Heaven
    Heaven

Also known as... baffling them with bullsh!t.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I recently tried to talk with a family member about the increasing numbers of anointed. The reply was twofold. One, that the new ones are probably fake (to which I replied: how do we know which ones are fake or whether maybe they're ALL fake?). Two, that the entire topic is just too confusing to worry about (to which I replied: that's on purpose, they want you confused so you won't question their doctrine).

So yeah, much of the rank and file are baffled with their convoluted circumlocutions.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I read the first post but the NWT got me mad!

NWT 2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore ambassadors substituting for Christ, as though God were making entreaty through us. As substitutes for Christ we beg: “Become reconciled to God.”

That is pure falsehood! A subtle change but a wholly significant one. See here for example

2 Corinthians 5:20 (English Standard Version)

20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

See how the NWT contradicts the rest of the bible with this type of tampering, even itself? See this verse for example

1 Timothy 2:5 (English Standard Version)

5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

2 Cor 5:20 makes no sense in the NWT in light of this verse. We are ambassadors for or of Christ, not "substituting for" Him, no-one can do that, what lies.

Anyhow, here is the original Greek

http://biblos.com/2_corinthians/5-20.htm

Not a single word that suggests "substituting for" but rather on behalf of etc.

Blessings,

Stephen

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

It seems like the point of the article is that regardless of annointed or other sheep, the GB is who provide the food shich must be taken in.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Kind of gives them something to do since the most JWs are thinking "anointed, what's the point?"!

Doesn't matter what season you get the WT meat and from whom, it will kill you eventually.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Watkins
    Watkins

It's confusing on purpose - "loyal" Jw's won't even think about it too much because all they have to do is trust the org. and the org's interpretations. *sigh*

Who's feeding who?
    ***wt95 4/15 p.16***
    "If all the anointed as a group, no matter where on earth they live, are members of the slave class, who are the "domestics"? They are the same anointed ones but considered from a different viewpoint-as individuals. Yes, as individuals they would be of the "slave" or they would be "domestics," depending on whether they were dispensing spiritual food or partaking of it. To illustrate: As recorded at 2 Peter 3:15, 16, the apostle Peter makes reference to Paul's letters. When reading them, Peter would be as one of the domestics feeding on the spiritual food provided by Paul as a representative of the slave class."

• minimus
    minimus

same sh*t

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Just drink the kool aid and dont worry about it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I understood that to be the case over 20 years ago so it isn't new to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit