why i wept bitterly in front of two elders......

by oompa 32 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

not sure if i ever shared this...but have seen several "sharing" threads here lately and it motivated me....

When i met with the CO and PO about some doubts and an important question....and when i got the CO's answer.....i could not speak....i put my head down and just started crying...not sobbing cause i fought it back...finally the only words to come out were..."i am going to have to leave my wife and son"....and they were like WTF?...but in jw lingo of course

see i knew in that instant...that very moment....that i had been lied to my entire life...and my stack of doubts i had been piling on the shelf and waiting on jehovah were all valid....and i knew i would NEVER fit in again...not even with my wife and son...that i would never be the spiritual head they needed and wanted.....that was almost 4 years ago...man time flies...and yep...now i am separated from my jw wife...and yep...i did not fit in...not even with her...and my son is older now and moved out but we are not close

btw...i had printed out all 12 places in Rev. that the name Jehovah appears...and asked where they were quoted from because none of the cross references were quotes from the hebrew scriptures like appendix 1-d says they do....and this CO....the ONLY ever i have ever found that actually knew we had changed the bible....told me that we had also added the name jehovah in places where it was NOT quoting the hebrew scriptures!!!...ask around and you will find few if any elders that know this....and he was VERY PISSED when he was forced to tell me that....i said "you mean we REALLY do have our own bible?"....yep...we actually have changed the bible to make it say what we want.......none of the 237 times we ADDED the name jehovah in the NT are proper because there is zero manuscript support...

thats right newbies.....the name jehovah is NOT EVEN IN the new testament/greek scriptures....not even once...now i like to say..."we dragged the god of the jews kicking and screaming into christianity"..............oompa

so my deal breaker was "you just cant change the frikkin bible"

and of course i wrote brooklyn and they confirmed my worst fears...and told me not to tell anybody!!!!...cause it could stumble them....

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    the name jehovah is NOT EVEN IN the new testament/greek scriptures

One of the brochures admits that. I think it's the Divine Name brochure.

Most JW's should know this.

Judge Dread

• JWoods
    JWoods

Very interesting - this was exactly what got me thinking out of the WTS box way back in 1969...before I knew anything about the Dunlaps or Ray Franz also having doubts. The very first thing.

This is completely egregious - absolute bible manipulation because the JWs have such a fascination fetish with this mistranslated and mispronounced "name of the god of the hebrew scriptures".

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Yes, it is an awful feeling when you realize that the whole thing you based your actions and beliefs on was a lie, Thanks for sharing oompa, and I hope you are doing well. Still looking foreward to that bike ride this spring.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Thanks Oompa..marking for use later.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

thats right newbies.....the name jehovah is NOT EVEN IN the new testament/greek scriptures....not even once...now i like to say..."we dragged the god of the jews kicking and screaming into christianity

Now THAT makes me cry! But thanks for sharing ... I NEED to see this type of stuff to keep the 'guilt' down. Cause there are days that I really get angry over all the 'lies' and how I was forced to join a religion that I knew NOTHING about. Now that I DO know better and am learning more about it, I can see how people's worlds as they believed (the belief system we had been fed) causes they to just break down!!!!! <<HUGS>> oompa

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks Oompa. were you brought up in the cult?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"One of the brochures admits that. I think it's the Divine Name brochure.

Most JW's should know this."

>>>>>>>>>

It's in an obscure factoid in JW literature, at best. Most of the time they imply that all of the uses of "Jehovah" in the NWT Greek Scriptures are when the writer is directly quoting a Hebrew scripture. But that isn't true. There are lots of uses of "Jehovah" in the NWTGS that are not quotes from the Hebrew scriptures and there may even be some quotes from the Hebrew scriptures where they changed it the other way, from "Jehovah" to "God" or "Lord" IIRC.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oompa, Oompa, Oompa....

Man, I am so sorry to hear that your family has been separated. So many others have gone before; had their families broken up by the WTBTS, and it is so painful for people who really love their families unconditionally [which is the way their god is supposed to love all of us!!!]

Please check in your area for a live ex-JW support group; I attend the meetings of a local ex-JW support group and let me tell you, it really helps. I think you'd get much more out of such a support group than I am; the fellow who started the group I attend is in a situation that is somewhat similar to yours... Wish you could meet him and talk to him...

His wife & son are both JWs; the son is currently going through an awkward stage. He is financially helping his son, but the son is stiff-necked [yes, JW buzz-phrase!] about listening to what the dad has to say.... The fact that the son is still not financially independent is helping the man to have more contact with his son, which increases the chance that the son will eventually listen to his father's concerns (the father was never baptised as a JW - that is a significant difference between his story and yours.)

I would wish that you are given patience (time, as George Carlin (?) says, not only heals all wounds, it also wounds all heels...), many opportunities to talk openly with your son - and wife. I would wish that they experience disappointments in the KH, disappointments in the Circuit and District assemblies; disappointments in their relationships with their fellow JWs, and disappointments in the teachings of the WTBTS...

I'm going to wish all of these things REALLY, REALLY often... And that relations remain flexible and open between you and them...

Zid

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

..."i am going to have to leave my wife and son"..

see i knew in that instant...that i would never be the spiritual head they needed and wanted...now i am separated from my jw wife...and my son is older now and moved out but we are not close....

.the name jehovah is NOT EVEN IN the new testament

Oompa, are you sure you are not deceiving yourself ? Did you really HAVE TO leave your family for the sole reason that you would not be their spiritual head , or is it that you just plainly wanted to leave them ? Did you ask yourself whether they wanted you to stay even without this headship thing ? You might have kept closer to your son by now. Can't see the connection with Jehovah's name in the scriptures anyway. I know it is not in the NT and I'm still at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit