why i wept bitterly in front of two elders......

by oompa 32 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

OOmpa.

I felt for you but do feel similarly to aligot ripounsous. Your other posts indicate that you have love for your wife so am surprised that you saw leaving as the only solution. I can see you are a passionate person and I am not in full possession of all the facts so am in no position to judge but was just surprised.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Thanks for sharing OOMPA.

Sour Grapes

• zoiks
    zoiks

Thanks for sharing, Oompa.

• oompa
    oompa

rippo and nugget....i know it really seems strange...but i guess since because i was already a doubting slacker...and that was so disappointing to my wife already....that i knew my life and marriage would never be the same...there are a tiny few here who do the "one in one out" dance well....but my three years of it were not a good thing...it took a heavy toll on both of us....

others...i am fourth generation born in and probably realized in third grade that i did NOT like being a JW....it only took me 45 years to find out what a sham our bible was....that is such a simple simple thing to prove btw,,,but no they do not disclose this fact in the divine name brochure...in fact there is only one sentence in WT history....1980 or 81 WT that admits the divine name has been added in other places other than when quoting the hebrew scriptures...i have posted it here before....but if you look under the heading Jehovah in the Insight book...and go to the subheading Use In The Greek Scriptures...you will find a funny line like this: We find it most unusual that there are no extant (exsiting...i had to look it up...lol) manuscripts (in the frikkin world!) that contain the divine name.

my own dad/elder was so shocked to find this out and he is one of the smartest and wisest men i know....and i still find it amazing the he and the other 11 elders i have spoken with are willing to "wait on jehovah" to rectify this wrong....i have been told that the brothers who chose to do this to the NWT back in 1950 or so "may be held accountable"....lmao!!!

oh...and have fun asking elders what the j versions of the scriptures are!!!....why does not every KH library have copies of these babies!....every single time the name jehovah appears in the NWT reference bible there is a footnote that show how many j versions of the bible used the name jehovah too.....which is hilarious!.....because what it means is "hey we were not the first to lie and change the bible....the j versions of the bible did it first!!!"........there is a list of these pathetic bibles in the forward section of the reference bible btw.........oompa

• nelly136
    nelly136

revelation 22:18

18 “I am bearing witness to everyone that hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll; 19 and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city, things which are written about in this scroll.

• oompa
    oompa

nelly....interesting cross reference on that verse.....moses was told THE EXACT SAME THING when writing the Law Covenent.....so it does make sense that no matter what part of the bible your translate or copy.....YOU CANT CHANGE THE FRIKKIN BIBLE TO MAKE IT SAY WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!!........

damm those idiot lyin bastards!!!!!.......they have hurt me too much....made me change too much....destroyed my family (several times in my life)....i really am in a bad place right now.....thought i was maybe over needing jwd so much.....i think i am going back into therapy....really.....i have got to learn how to let this nightmare go.....thanks all........oompa

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Oompa

I love your honesty. It is real masculinity to express your emotions so openly. Having followed your posts I think you still both love and like your wife as she does you.Iam also glad the confused Oompa got over the alcoholic period. If you have learnt moderation and tolerence you are the master of your own destiny.

Acolytes

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Babygirl30, you said:

Now THAT makes me cry! But thanks for sharing ... I NEED to see this type of stuff to keep the 'guilt' down. Cause there are days that I really get angry over all the 'lies' and how I was forced to join a religion that I knew NOTHING about. Now that I DO know better and am learning more about it, I can see how people's worlds as they believed (the belief system we had been fed) causes they to just break down!!!!! <<HUGS>> oompa

My reply: And beyond no manuscript backup whatsoever in the over 5000 manusripts we do have the WT will quote agreemnt from Hebrew versions as their justification for the 'restoral' of the name Jehovah. Think about what that means- a version is simply a translation from those same manuscripts. And those 'J' sources are from the 14th thru the 18th century, as oppsed to 2nd and 3 century manuscripts, where the older the source the closer to the original we are. Definite academic dishonesty to uphold WT teachings.

• oompa
    oompa

btw...since this thread has made me spout off again about the simple little issue that totally woke me up....i have received several pms about how this little thing really does matter to others and is an eye opener...so....

I thought i would add that i find it sooooo funny that WT likes to say they have "restored" the name Jehovah in the Christian Greek Scriptures....and yet you CAN NOT restore something if it was NEVER THERE....

and try with all their "word wizard" might (i came up with that term after seeing how they wrote appendix 1-d so that you THINK that they restore the divine name ONLY when it is quoting from the hebrew scriptures)....but duh!....as the CO told the three times in a row...."appendix 1-d does not say we restored the divine name ONLY when quoting from the hebrew scriptures!"....and ya...that is an exact quote

sneaky little bastards....oompa

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

AH oompa...dude...

Words fail me...

I can't even begin to express my admiration for your inner strength and my pain for your loses.

My heart goes out to you my brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit