In your own words ... what is the truth?

by sacolton 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I no longer have the capacity or the desire to love the inconceivable.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The Truth is that which existed from the beginning.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BEER..

Beer does`nt Lie!..

Thats the Truth..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• carpediem
    carpediem

We know the truth about some things, but dont know the truth in regard to most things. Our knowledge is still small.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is a philosophical question rather than one of definition.

The truth is ultimately unknowable so seek it for a closer understanding, but live a good life as you are seeking.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Hi Shawn,

Intuition. (although we have to get quiet enough to listen).

• oldseeker
    oldseeker

Truth is whatever is subjectively convincing at one's current level of perception.

This explains why, if you limit a persons education and reasoning abilities and critcal analysis skill, you can control the level of truth that they can even know.

Conversely, if you can raise your level of perception (by knowledge and understanding, and possibly spirituality) you change the level of truth you can know. Not that objective truth has changed (if you believe it exists at all), its all in you perception, making it all dependent truth.

Just my take on it,

Oldseeker

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

For a married man, truth is what his wife tells him it is.

• dig692
    dig692
    That there are many truths.

I agree

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    That there are many truths.

I disagree. To know and understand all the individual cause and effect relations throughout and before the universe would be to know the 'truth'. We will never know all these things obviously - but that doesn't mean that all explanations are equally valid or equally ignorant.

Any explanation that cannot be reconciled with established fact must remain suspect, and until it is reconciled it cannot qualify as 'truth'. Philosophical 'spin is nothing more than a plee to remain in ignorance.

You don't need every peice of a jigsaw picture to get a very good idea what image is in the puzzle. We may still have a lot of peices to identify - but already the picture is emerging.

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit