In your own words ... what is the truth?

by sacolton 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Twitch
    Twitch

Being honest with yourself and trusting in/following your instincts

• sacolton
    sacolton

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha
  • shamus100
    shamus100

The truth is the light... and the light is the truth... light truths light. And happiness is by serving Yahweh.

• nugget
    nugget

Truth is made clearer by scrutiny, it is proven and not frightened of exposure. The rest is faith, different perspectives and lies.

• RR
    RR

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

Every rose has its thorn, just like every night has its dawn, just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song. Every rose has its thorn.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Exactly Sacolton! And the great thing about that, is that it's individualized, totally dependent on who you are and WHERE you are in life. It's all encompassing as well. Your inner 'truth' (intuition) is going to be different than mine as different things resonate with you at different times of your life. If we were to embrace that, there would be absolutely NO judgment of anyone else, as long as if felt like love and compassion. So my new guide is how I 'feel' about something, not what I read or who I hear say it etc........As long as I feel things like love and compassion then I take it as good. As long as my actions produce positive energy in me and my surroundings, then that has become my guide. HOWEVER, it's a work in progress! It has to come from within us, how on earth was everyone who lives on the planet and everyone who's ever lived, suppose to learn "truth" from the billions of writings and "teachers" that there have ever been and be able to pass it accurately along for thousands of generations? It would be impossible. And when a group of people like the jw's claim, they have the only way to truth, it's obsurd........wf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit