In your own words ... what is the truth?

by sacolton 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• beksbks
    beksbks

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

The truth about.............?

Judge Dread

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Reality.

Most people seem to define "truth" as "my perception of reality" or "whatever the hell I want reality to be" (cf: "my" truth). I don't know why they feel compelled to add the "my perception of" part; is this a way of being godlike? Whatever; :poof: you're a god.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:In your own words ... what is the truth?

Rocks are hard. Water is wet. Everything else is up for grabs.

Farkel

• poppers
    poppers

Find out what you really are and you've found truth, but describing or defining it always falls short.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I heard something interesting the other night on TV. Can't remember what I was watching but the guy said, "where would a better hiding place be for the truth, but within ourselves." He was saying that evil or Satan, (if there is such a thing), is always trying to get us to look outside of ourselves via the Bible, other Holy Books, religions, institutions, idiologies, and other belief systems. But what some of the ancient enlightened ones have been trying to tell us is that it's within US and it always has been! But ya, what a great hiding place! Look within people, it's the beginning...........wf

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm all for looking within, I just don't see what that has to do with "truth" other than that it is a wasted effort if not done honestly.

When people make up a new definition for "truth" that is almost diametrically opposed to the stock definition, it seems, well, dishonest. Why is it any better to say "my truth" than it is for Jehovah's Witnesses to say "when did you come into the truth?". In both cases you are in effect saying "truth is whatever the hell I want it to be or I say it is".

There is nothing wrong with the word "perception". People should use it more, and "truth" less. And that's the truth ;)

Rocks are hard. Water is wet. Everything else is up for grabs.

Farkel

Something I can agree with Farkel on.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

You must know everything, then.

Farkel

• Open mind
    Open mind

Even though the WT and much of the humanity deride him, Pontius Pilate wasn't too far off the mark.

om

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    :The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
    You must know everything, then.

LOL!

Judge Dread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit