In your own words ... what is the truth?

by sacolton 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Truth is a five letter word beginning with T and ending with H.

To those heavily indoctrinated by a religion it is what ever they been indoctrinated to believe it is as in True Religion or teachings of a worshiped Deity written down on stone tablets or in holy books he was suppose to have authored.

It could even be from George Washington who when asked by his father:"Who chopped down the cherry tree? said "I can not tell a lie I did father".

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I believe in absolute truth but that I don't have enough information to know it.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Truth is simple and it is objective. Man has made it subjective and complicated it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

paulfromCleveland,

:I believe in absolute truth but that I don't have enough information to know it.

Compare the physics of Sir Isaac Newton with the physics of Einstein and you will see a cunundrum there.

I think the pursuit of "absolute truth" is as evasive as trying to understand say, the mind of a politician, over even worse, a woman!

Farkel

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh Farkel! Why do you want to be so mean to me? We actually almost agree on most things. I'm far more intelligent and informed than most of the nitwits that side with you politically. Why take Judge Dread for example.

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

...By God`s grace.

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

My formula for truth is:

TRUTH CREATES JOY

&

PURE TRUTH CREATES PURE JOY

&

UNTRUTH IS WHATEVER IS THE OPPOSITE OF THAT

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

I meant to say

UNTRUTH IS WHATEVER CAUSES THE OPPOSITE OF THAT

• Chalam
    Chalam

John 1:1 (English Standard Version)

The Word Became Flesh
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Or here's another

John 14:6 (English Standard Version)

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Blessings,

Stephen

• moshe
    moshe

Truth is what you have experienced and seen with your own eyes, all the rest is hearsay. Some of us are just better at seeing the details than others, and as they say, the devil is in the details.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit