Climate Change threads on JWN - why I'm stopping posting on them

by besty 83 Replies latest members politics

• besty
    besty
    look for angry little green men jumping up and down frantically waving their hand for attention......

Please post some more drivel John Doe - I'd like to see your avatar once more just for old times sake. After that....IGNORE

• besty
    besty

Thanks ML - education should be the key, but given that only 19% of college educated Republicans believe in AGW you have to wonder. They just become better-educated in denier crap.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Whew! I hope your right Doe!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Please use the posts from this thread as a demonstration of condescending jerkism. Or do you wish to throw out blanket statements without any backing?

• beksbks
    beksbks
    As far as condescension, can you please post a reference to said condescension

No need Doe. Just go "Burn the Ships" then "Topics Posted On".

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Whew! I hope your right Doe!

Quit playing the dolt. You know that this is besty's cry for attention, and I know you're only stroking his ego like you do everyone else's. You don't start a thread discussing something you no longer wish to discuss. Or, is this bizzaro world?

• llbh
    llbh

Besty states his view- forcefully then adduces evidence, those who disagree offer insults rather than rebuttal, nuf said. Oh and i agree with beks last comment.

David

• John Doe
    John Doe
    look for angry little green men jumping up and down frantically waving their hand for attention......
    Please post some more drivel John Doe - I'd like to see your avatar once more just for old times sake. After that....IGNORE

You mean like this, right llbh?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I have expressed my own regrets regarding posting on controversial subjects, be they politics, climate, et al. Not because I apologize for my positions, but because after you reach a certain point, there is nothing left to say.

If you are new to this board, then probably you are not aware that some of us (myself included esp) have strong political opinions. Sometimes, mine are even well thought out. (which as a ratio, beats most on the right)

When it comes to global warming, how can you argue against the evidence that man is adversley affecting the enviroment? To quantify it into meaningful data is the trick. To act like just because we can't turn the data into something concrete means we should ignore imperical evidence is a dumb argument, imo.

In any case, this is a board filled with primarily former JW's. To watch a debate here often is to watch people devloping their views in addition to simply expressing a current view.

I totally support what besty has said about some posters and their unique ability to dodge a question. It's frustrating. In the end, its not worth the angst or emotional investment.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Sometimes, mine are even well thought out. (which as a ratio, beats most on the right)

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, Jeffo!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit