Climate Change threads on JWN - why I'm stopping posting on them

by besty 83 Replies latest members politics

• besty
    besty
    As I see it China is the main problem. What right has the West to tell China it cannot enjoy growth using the remaining hydrocarbons in the earth just because they arrived late to the party. So much for preventing climate change if in the process you provoke a nuclear exchange. The West should be working on technologies that will overcome reliance on hydrocarbons rather than imposing limits on poorer nations.

Hopefully China India Brazil etc will also do the right thing - do some research on green mandates in China and you may get a pleasant surprise.

A good example is how 3rd world countries are skipping the fixed line telephony infrastructure and have mass adoption of mobile and wireless. Likewise skipping huge suburban populations and building high rise cities with mass transit.

America has lost the lead in many alternative technologies (thank you carbon lobby) and I sincerely hope they regain that lead quickly.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    What Hemp said. I've learned a lot from your posts, but even more so I somehow felt secure knowing you were fighting the good fight. There are a few others here who keep trying, but it truly is pointless. Ignorance is bliss, how can you fight that?

You tipped your hand early my child.

• besty
    besty

thanks beks and hemp - the view count on the threads was my main source of encouragement, along with an absolute revulsion at the tactics of the carbon lobby to sully the debate with their smears and misinformation.

• llbh
    llbh

I have not posted very little on these threads, however I have found your posts interesting, as i do not understand it very well, therefore illumination of the science is very helpful. The insulting posters insult anyone that they disagree with them on this, and other threads, yet call them,; says more about them and their own inadequacy imo

Regards David

• besty
    besty

thanks David - oh and I forgot to add slapping down condescending jerks once in a while feels pretty good.....look for angry little green men jumping up and down frantically waving their hand for attention......

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Good man Besty!

The moronic conspiracy theorists' idiocy stands out for itself, we don't always need to point it out. Teaching our new members about critical thinking skills (which are a no-no in JW land) is probably a better tactic to help them avoid falling victim to these misguided wack-jobs.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    - oh and I forgot to add slapping down condescending jerks once in a while feels pretty good

What was it you were just saying about insults? What was I saying about your desire for drama? As far as condescension, can you please post a reference to said condescension and explain for us how much condescion is required for one to require a "jerk" label?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Ah, perfect. Please use MissingLink's post in your condescending jerk analysis and rate it for us.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    oh and I forgot to add slapping down condescending jerks once in a while feels pretty good

This is how we'll lure you back in, you can't give up on that high, you're so good at it.

• John Doe
    John Doe

beks, no one is under the illusion that he has any intentions whatsoever of giving up his posts on global warming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit