Did You Exit the Witnesses Due to Injustices / Difference with Doctrine-Both?

by flipper 67 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Many of us leave due to injustices committed inside the organization. I did initially. I had doubts about some doctrines for years - but not until AFTER leaving the witnesses was I free to be able to confirm my suspicions and see that yes, I DID have valid reasons to have doubts all those years . So it became BOTH reasons for me as time went by. But initially it was being treated unjustly and seeing OTHERS being treated this way also. As always - I look forward to your observations ! Happy New Year ! and a big peace out to all ! MR. Flipper

• asilentone
    asilentone

for me it was all about injustices.

• sherah
    sherah

I'm exiting for both reasons. The lingering doubts were always there but i pushed them back. But I faced those doubts head-on and started researching AFTER i saw firsthand injustice among the BOE and lack of love in the congregation.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Doctrine, afterwards. The first thing was seeing that god wasn't directing the gb. I could see that through reading r franz' book, where he described how the gb meetings went.

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I was getting really bored with the meetings listening to dull crap week in week out. My work slowed down and I had Internet access and so i would do Internet searches and read stuff from apostates but thought they were just mad at the WT so i didn't take them seriously at first but gradually I found myself agreeing with them and it just happen one day that it hit me like a bolt of lightening that I was in a mind control cult and the rest is history.

I was very heavily indoctrinated so it took awhile before I got really deprogrammed even after the initial recognition that it was a cult.

• flipper
    flipper

ASILENTONE- I hear you. I was the same. And there are LOTS of injustices for sure.

SHERAH- Welcome to the board ! Nice to hear from you ! I think a lot of people do exit for both reasons. Like you stated - A person suffers the extreme lack of love shown and it makes us really question WHAT we are being taught ! Especially when we see the inconsistencies of the elders NOT APPLYING what they are supposed to from the scriptures ! I'm glad you faced it head on my friend and have gained your freedom. Nice to have you here on the board. Look forward to your takes ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• villabolo
    villabolo

I got officially disfellowshipped for apostacy because I told the elders that it was inappropriate to use the phrase "the Truth" to refer to themselves. This may not qualify as "exiting" voluntarily, or for doctrinal reasons but I was so disgusted with their pathological self worshipping behavior that I know I would have inevitably disasociated myself. Especially after analyzing their literature like, for example, The Finished Mystery.

villabolo

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Did You Exit the Witnesses Due to Injustices / Difference with Doctrine-Both?

No. It was mainly the piles and piles of bullshit that caused me to exit, together with one arrogant asshole Circuit Overseer named Carl Erskine.

Farkel

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Completely for unjust treatment after our child was molested.

I had to think, if they are so wrong when it comes to this big thing what else are they wrong about? Well, I sure found out after over a year on these forums!!

• life is to short
    life is to short

For me it was totally injustice about the child abuse issue. Now it is about doctrine also. The child abuse issue woke me up finally.

Great thread by the way and Happy New Years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit