Cautious Newcomer

by undertheradar 36 Replies latest jw friends

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

...but as I seemed to be the only one querying things among my local JW's

...until I have planted some seeds in my family to open their eyes.

Welcome, Undertheradar,

As for your first quote, we certainly are a few on here to know the feeling,

and as for the second one, hope that your relatives are less prone to mental self censorship as so many JWs are when it comes to thinking by themselves. Still astounds me when I talk to some of my otherwise quite intelligent relatives. As if half of their brain was used for academic achievements and the other half was dedicated to being stuffed by the WTS.

• cantleave
    cantleave

UndertheRadar WELCOME!!! Do what you need to in order to gain your personal freedom without losing whatever else is dear to you. I downloaded Ray Franz books as PDF's from the link on the JWN homepage. I implore you to read crisis of conscience it will underpin the doubts you have with some amazing revelations.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Welcome aboad. Just a word of caution of asking to many questions

to JW's. You could get into trouble. It is better to ask your questions

to us. There are many active elders and former elders on this board.

We answer and won't rat you out and get you hauled into the

JWN library to sit in front of a tribunal.

Sour Grapes

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

Thank you for the welcome, to all of you who I have not yet thanked.

Sorry it has taken me so long, but I got a bit emotional, and couldn't bring myself to reply. I have never been very good at expressing my personal emotions to others, and feel a bit silly to admit I seem to have a bit of hero worship, which is a new experience for me, because you have all been heroes to me, over the last few months I was lurking. This is because of your courage in going against the organisation and all your unconditional love to one another, and the great humour, and even the honesty when you don't agree. It is so alien to the witness world. So when I'm suddenly reading of you welcoming me I was overwhelmed.

I am sure this will pass once I get to know you all better!

Just kidding.

Thanks again to all.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome, get reading my friend a rough road is coming

• pat1060
    pat1060

Welcome.So glad to have you.I'm still active,but only a little.I'm fading very slow because of friends and family.I'm still learning many things about the org and it is a little hurtful to say the least.We have to be very careful of the things we may want to bring up to friends.We need to be very quiet when we want to scream it all out..Good luck to you....you will love it here...

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Hello there

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit