Cautious Newcomer

by undertheradar 36 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome! :)

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

It is such a relief to take this step. It strikes me as amusing though that I am creeping about like a criminal and I have done nothing wrong.

Thank you for your welcome and astute comments.

Yes AllTimeJeff, that is the hard part being honest with ourselves.

and cameo-d, I do feel the responsibility of snatching them out of the fire that I helped put them in - all of them!

and chickpea, cautious yes, innocent not now, getting more and more devious. LOL

Yknot, Good suggestions I would never have thought of that.

xmky, I have not read Crises of Conscience yet, but I kept hearing people speaking highly of Ray Franz and it just didn't add up with JW's version. That was what made me start seriously investigating.

• moshe
    moshe
    - but as I seemed to be the only one querying things among my local JW's I felt as if I was going crazy.

That was my experience, too!

I could never understand why the Watchtower math of 2+2=5 only mattered to me. I would show something I had discovered to a fellow JW and it just drew a blank look or shrugged shoulders. Around 1986 I charted out the memorial partakers for the past 40 years and I had figures from an actuary that the number of partakers should be closer to 3000, not 8500, if the WT 1935 sealing of the anointed was to be believed ( the average age was assumed to be 35, in 1935) . Not one elder was concerned by my findings- after I wrote to Bethel I believe I was, "marked". Good luck and welcome to the forum.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

welcome to the madhouse - keep posting and telling us how you feel - its all good :-)

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hello!

From,

Palmtree

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    undertheradar wrote: It is such a relief to take this step. It strikes me as amusing though that I am creeping about like a criminal and I have done nothing wrong.

Oh! I remember those feelings!! And at the time I found JWD (now JWN) I was living alone and had not been to a meeting in over 10 years. Yet I still felt guilt for googling and reading and eventually - OMG!! - Posting.

Nice intro post from you. If you are not comfortable sharing too much info, then don't. But do post when you can. It will definitely help you sort out your thoughts.

Welcome to JWN. It's nice to have you join us.

-Aude Sapere. (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding)

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Hi

Glad to have you here, it's a great place & an eye opener.

Finallysomepride

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Welcome to the board...

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hi, Under the Radar,

Greetings! Nice to have you along. If you have questions, feel free to ask. There is no such thing as a bad question. You are among friends who are just as curious and concerned as you are. Remember, we were all taught in the book of Acts, that we should be like the Beroeans, to "carefully examine the scriptures to see if they are so." That scriptural verse they have skipped.

Here, you can discuss freely without scrutiny. We are sheep without a sheperd- scattered and beaten we have become. Your conscience is what matters, there is no guilt when your very heart is searching for Truth. When I left the so-called truth in the early 1980's, not long after my Parents, I realized that in the end, it will be based on me, my closeness with Jehovah, and the scriptures. That is it.

I have read all of Ray Franz's books and found them quite enlightening, it would make for quite a Movie.

One last thought- With all that is on your mind, it would'nt hurt to pray about the things you are thinking about. He made your heart, your mind, and everything you are thinking, it will help, Trust me!

Sincerely, Truth and Justice

• wobble
    wobble

BIG WOBBLE WELCOME !!!!

So pleased that the

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit