Cautious Newcomer

by undertheradar 36 Replies latest jw friends

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

Hello Everyone

I am still a member of the JW's organization. I have been puzzled over some of the teachings for many years but as I seemed to be the only one querying things among my local JW's I felt as if I was going crazy. I was very relieved to find this site, a few months ago, full of evidence to back up my findings, and so much more.

I AM SO GRATEFUL TO YOU ALL.

I do not want to leave the organization until I have planted some seeds in my family to open their eyes. Because of my circumstances I do not have to go out in field service or take part in the meetings, so I do not have to go against my conscience too much.

I will not be revealing too much personal detail at this time but I hope to join in some discussions.

• nelly136
    nelly136

welcome

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board.

purps

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome! Good Luck!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It's not easy to be honest with yourself. Thats the person you should worry about the most anyway. It's also a process to leave, and extricate yourself from their thinking. Be patient with yourself. And welcome!

• zoiks
    zoiks

Welcome, I look forward to whatever you may wish to share.

• xmkx
    xmkx

Welcome! :) If you have the chance, check out Raymond Franz's book Crisis of Conscience. It gives you an inside look in to Bethel and how a lot of the more puzzling doctrines are created in the first place. Very eye opening in how "God directed" the organization really is. The author speaks with sadness and disappointment with no negativity and it's quite obvious he speaks from a good heart.

I hope that you are able to plant those seeds in your own family. It can be very tough planting seeds in those still "in" the organization that will actually grow and not be squashed on the spot. I highly recommend researching the deprogramming process for those who have been in the organization.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Welcome undertheradar to the forum, your thoughts on gaining more information on the WTS. and the organizations

workings is quite understandable. There is good lot of knowledgeable people here to help you out with posing questions that you may have.

There is mixed bag of people on this forum, some who have been involved with the JWS for decades, ex-Bethelites, ex-PO etc.

There are people here who are also not too sure on the teachings of the organization.

So feel free to ask what concerns you.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Welcome!

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Welcome utr. Great to have you here and glad your eyes have been opened.

All the best with your seed planting.

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit