Feeling Unfit, Fat and Unhealthy

by cantleave 25 Replies latest social physical

• cantleave
    cantleave

A semi-serious request.

I hate exercise (yes I am an indolent slob), I sit in an office or a car most of the time and eat and drink too much. So my new year's resolution is to lose weight (about 3 stone would be good) to try and prolong my life a little since I ain't got eternity in mind anymore. I am looking for fun ways to get fit, or an effective home based diet programme that has worked for other people.

Obviously I'm going to start with more sex, since that is suspossed to be good exercise, so with that one out the way over to you guys and girls..............

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

what about joining a marshall arts club? I do Ju Jitsu, there are more active ones out there though, but its fun (when I can be bothered to leave the house)

• wobble
    wobble

Try exercising your right arm more.

What you do is pick the heaviest pint glass you can find, and then take smaller mouthfulls of "Old Thumper" or whatever your tipple is,and the multiple raising of glass to lips burns off more calories than holding the glass to your mouth, opening your throat, and tipping the lot down as you normally do.

love

Wobble

p.s i would be 45 stone if I had not followed this exercise regime, as it is ,I am a healthy 42 stone.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Creative- I think my problem would be leaving the house too. Especially on a wet winter's night. My daughter wants to do Karate so might try that and get her involved as well.

Wobble, you have described my current exercise regime- that's the problem (Wells "Waggle Dance" tonight)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I hate exercise too.

I married a very fit, lithe young lady who was a surfboat rower, now i eat right and exercise almost daily to keep up. If i want her to look and be trim then she has the right to want husband to make the same effort! Unfortunatly for sex to work you would have to be at it like a rabid rabbit for 6 hours a day!

It is all about calories in and out. Eat less, exercise more. Reducing portion size more than forbidding foods. Find a fun activity that burns calories. Join a gym.

There is no magic diet, pills, shakes etc. Long term results take a lifestyle change.

There is a dude i call 'mr walker' that walks laps of my block every day come rain, hail or shine. He is also shrinking in size.

Oz

• cantleave
    cantleave

Unfortunatly for sex to work you would have to be at it like a rabid rabbit for 6 hours a day!

I wish

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Sounds like the New Year's resolutions are back!

Aussie nailed it though..calories in and calories out. I lost loads of weight around 15 years ago. It was a lifestyle change for sure. I had to get to the absolute point where I'd had enough, and unless you're there, it won't work. Most people realise it after they have a health scare, so it's better to get it now. I was a Weight Watcher's leader and I teach aerobics part time now.

Tip. Don't skip breakfast. Write everything down that you eat so you can keep track. If you'd like me to analyze it, just email me privately and I'll be happy to do it for you. Also, alcohol. Limit yourself to about 4 units a week.

Good luck!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Unfortunatly for sex to work you would have to be at it like a rabid rabbit for 6 hours a day!"

And a whole bunch of lube.

• cantleave
    cantleave

lol @ mrsJ - is that the voice of experience?

• cry
    cry

I try and 'be good' during the week and then have a couple of days 'off' at the weekend, that way you don't deny yourself anything and can look forward to a pint or whatever at the weekend. Also walk whenever you can - a power walk if possible. I am saying all this in the knowledge that I feel like a 'blob' myself at the moment!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit