Does anyone find it too painful to read the WTS publications?

by dissed 44 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

Been out 13 years and even for research purposes, I find it way too painful to read this WT stuff.

And why?

All the painful memories it brings back. Don't misread me, it has nothing to do with a guilty conscience.

It has to do with the real pain, the anger of being ripped off and lied too by the WTS, the anger of seing how they have protected child molesters, sacrificed its followers by refusing blood transfusions, the treacherous way we and others were treated by the 'unloving brothers'. Ah, the memories!

Even Blondies WT review which I love, I find too painful to consider on a regular basis. (sorry blondie, you do a great job) I just can't go back to that.

And yet, I continue to come here and read such good and thought provoking stuff, .......because it does help. (love Farkels Judge Rutherford diatribes) But actually reading the WT quotes, I skip, too much stress I don't need, and don't want to deal with.

Twenty-six years of scars run deep, I tellz yeah.

Anyone else feel this way? And how do you cope?

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

My wife and I still read the WT (when her parents give them to her), but only for a good laugh and to see how far they've strayed from true Christianity. But, yes, it is painful at times.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'm finding it harder to read anything from the cult. I think my fade is going to be quick now because just attending a meeting makes me angry and I come away feeling depressed.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I can't read the literature anymore either . I just well up with anger and regret over the yrs. I spent believing all the rubbish. Here on the forum I will skip quickly through when literature is quoted . On Blondies reviews I ususally just read her comments.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I found it difficult too, and for a while pretty much left this board and all related boards. I'm back more often now; many of the topics are very thought-provoking and if I don't want to read jw-related material I simply avoid such threads.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Probably more anger and disgust than anything else, seeing their ignorance and corrupt ways to try trap

people's minds and control them is really disturbing.

Men playing god and decimating lives and killing people including children got to be disgusting to most.

Their luring techniques are typical cultish.

Sadly they are not serving or worshiping a god at all they are serving a pretentious man made publishing Empire/Corporation.

• dgp
    dgp

Though I will never fully appreciate what you feel, at an intellectual level I think I understand what you're going through. Try to focus on the future. Don't let the WTBTS steal your future from you. Live your life in full.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I only read the WTS publications when it is quoted here on JWN. Not very often, I read the WTS publications at my parents home, but I do not read it that much at all anyway. I find it more painful to read the tracts because it is like advertising the JW religion.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I cant read it anymore.....

I end up picking it apart to shreds and all it does it put me in a bad mood.

Even if there were some good beneficial things in it, I couldnt get past the BS......

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I do not read the WTBTS literature anymore... actually... haven't in about 30 years. Even while still married to the JW wifey - he would leave the Wt's and A's around... in my way... hoping that I would pick one up and read them. Nope. Didn't.

What I might recommend as therapy... is to go to a doctor's office - or the laundromat - where JWs leave their litter-ature. When you find the magazines - discreetly pick them up - and rip them into about three (for emphasis - heh heh heh) pieces - then drop the resulting mess into the nearest trash can. It really feels good. Try it.

Plus - you are doing some poor soul that may actually pick one up and read it - a favor by keeping this out of their hands.

Whatever you do - let go of the anger. It only works against you - and your having a long and happy life.

Good Luck,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit