Does anyone find it too painful to read the WTS publications?

by dissed 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Girlie
    Girlie

Not painful, just boring.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I'm with Emma: Not painful but nauseating. Literally.

I started getting these feelings as a teenager, that some idiot could be so intentionally blind to write this stuff with a clear conscience.

The last commendable work put out by the WTS was the Aid book (and now, knowing Ray F did a lot of work on it, I understand why).

• I quit!
    I quit!

I agree, nauseating. Once in a while I will pick one up and thumb through it and what come to mind is UTTER CRAP! Most of it is the same old nonsense they were writing about 30 years ago. They never get anything right and nothing they have predicted has ever come true. I don't know why Witnesses even bother to read them. I don't understand how Jdubs can read WT publications year in and year out and not see what a bunch of old stale religious nonsense it is from a bygone era. Yet stale out dated as their publications are they always manage come across with a self righteous arrogance about them like they are somehow in the know.

• pat1060
    pat1060

The farther along my fade is the less I want to study for the meetings.This last Sunday watchtower study was talking about loving Jesus and Jehovah by being submissive to the GB and the elders.There is so much of this lately,I'm wondering if they are getting ready for another big change.....Yes it is painful because this was the "truth" and my life....

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the only WTS drivel I read is of cut and pasted articles put on here. I'm with the damn boring school of thought . I haven't read any thing in years and if I ever see WT& Awake they are quickly thrown into the trash

• booby
    booby

I quit - - - what makes you think Jdubs do read that stuff. The best most can get themselves to do is skim the material so they don't sound clueless if someone mentions some point that they have read, read so that they can mention it and sound like they are good little witnesses because they did so.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Not painful but nauseating. Literally.

My thoughts exactly.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Reading it makes me angry at myself for allowing myself to be so thoroughly duped by them. Avoiding watchtower literature helps to keep my blood pressure under control.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The last commendable work put out by the WTS was the Aid book (and now, knowing Ray F did a lot of work on it, I understand why).

WORD!

Sylvia

• Casper
    Casper

I don't have access to read them, not that I would, but I find that if I read posted articles from scanned copies, here on the forum, that it seems to put me in a "Zone" of some sorts.

I can almost feel the hypnotic effect take over....

So, no... I don't find them too painful, nor do they make me angry... I personally can't handle the feeling they cause to come over my mind.

I know... weird !

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit