Does anyone find it too painful to read the WTS publications?

by dissed 44 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

I find it nauseating. :)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If you remember the movie Charlie with Cliff Roberstson, he plays a mentally challanged person who has an experimental surgery that makes his intellect normal. When he is of average intelligence he sees the reality of how he was treated and just how naive he was. That's how it feels reading the Watchtower literature for me. It makes me painfully aware of how below normal my intellect was to buy into that crap. W.Once

• agonus
    agonus

was,

Please don't feel that your credulity had anything to do with lack of intelligence. There are plenty of highly intelligent Witnesses - the veil just hasn't been pierced yet. Trust me, I was one of them.

• Gayle
    Gayle

That's part of why I like this site. I enjoy the "brief" news about the WTS. Certain "points" that come up in the literature that are scanned (the old), remind me of the absurdity and lies the WTS has said, and still say (the updated old lies and the new new lies). But I can't read anything in length and detail but like to hear some here that give the break down.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

Yeah, I remember when I was young, I used to read it thinking. "ok I can't wait til I get older! Then I can read the adult verision!" then I grew up and realized it WAS the adult verison. To me it is like reading some childrens story. It's laughable, especially when they try to say that reading the literture was like getting a college education. Sure if that degree is writing childrens stores with grammar designed for 5 year olds to understand, maybe.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I used to find it painful to read the littera-trash, because it was a blatant attempt to seal off any means to natural fulfillment of any natural desires. I could not feature those articles when out in field circus, since it dirtifies natural functions.

These days, I can read that kind of an article and write another article to throw it right back in their faces.

• wobble
    wobble

I too cannot read the crap,for a variety of reasons ,I suppose, but the one that is foremost is the anger it brings up in me.

I get the same feeling if I read racist or hatred material of any sort, especially if the writer assumes you agree with them. I just cannot stomach it.

Mind you, I didn't read it with a mind that accepted it when I was in, I hated all the the B.S then.

I am glad some of you can still read it, to keep us informed on here, it is so good to be able to say "But did not a recent WT study say ....."

just to let the Dubs know we are watching them.

Love

Wobble

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I had a couple magazines laying around here - I had asked my wife to stop in the local laundry and see if she could find them.

I could not believe how '4th grade' they were. These magazines were obviously not intended to educate people. They are just propoganda tools. Mostly they are like drugs to the Jw R&F. Most serious people would not bother to read them.

Hell I know parrots who won't line their cages with them because they read at a higher level.

Jeff

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I still kinda get a bit spooked reading them for fear it will suck me back! But the more i learn the more i know i will never. So i keep up with the magazines because i need to know what rot my kids are being fed. I find now that when i read, it is with different eyes. Understanding eyes, critical eyes. And i see things i never knew were there!

I see the truth when i read them... the truth that they are a cold corporation bent on control. That they treat the flock like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed bullshit.

Oz

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Does anyone find it too painful to read the WTS publications?

Yes ... it makes me quite nauseous actually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit