What JW catch phrase DRIVES YOU NUTS!!!!

by megaflower 221 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Taking in knowledge

The truth

The society

Going out in service

Wholesome entertainment

• garyneal
    garyneal

Faith without works is dead!

This is the common comeback whenever I point out that all of that door knocking, meeting attendance, and WT study is not going to earn them everlasting life.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"It's a perfect organization filled with imperfect men."

"Maybe in the new system ______." (fill in the blank with a hobby or activity that the JW would like to do but is currently forbidden)

"_______ is bad association."

"Reading the magazines is equivalent to a college education."

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Jehovah's Witnesses are "Bible Scholars"

publishers are "Bible students"

I have been fortunate to be involved in real scholarship on several subjects. The WTBTS is so far away from being "scholars" of any kind as to be laughable.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

when talking to dubs who are still in, I notice when they get cornered on a point will resort to; "We'll see."

• teel
    teel

"It is not our business to tell how to live your life" - then they tell me how to live my life.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"Jehovah's gonna clean it all up!"

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jehovah Willing.............

• nugget
    nugget

Recently discovering I was a belonging of the Faithful and discreet slave. Oh not all the 144,000 just the GB. So we are not people we are property.

I can just imagine trying to explain to Abraham that he was just a bit full of himself claiming he was a friend of God. No mate just a belonging like the rest of us.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"Babylonish" - almost any practice or doctrine JWs disagree with, it all came from Nimrod and Babylon.

"Urgency" - constantly whipping up a 'drop everything else, this is the last push' mentality.

"Evidently" or "doubtlessly" when it's not evident and there is some doubt.

"Jehovah gave us [enter new publication or 'arrangement' here]."

"This system can't go on much longer the way things are."

"At least the organization admits its mistakes and is willing to change."

"The churches of Christendom [enter broad brush, half true, derogatory remark here]"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit