What do you feel God wants you to do at this moment in time?

by EndofMysteries 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Open question, please list scriptures that give you that direction or what you base your answer upon. I know there are so many different viewpoints on this forum, it will be interesting for all to see them and what scriptures or reasoning they are based on.

Some examples are,

Do you feel only one needs to have love, faith in Jesus, and those basics and that is what you must proclaim.

Do you feel true knowledge must be taught to all, and as much as is known.

Do you feel only deep knowledge is only for those God chooses or seeks it out so they only need the bare basics.

Do you feel you must proclaim and broadcast lies being taught or your personally accountable.

Do you feel you must infiltrate organizations and try to help those oppressed by them.

Do you feel you must only develop your own relationship with God and do nothing else at the moment.

Do you feel you must go by what you feel internally and not use the bible at all?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm glad you used the qualifier "feel" in your question as "know" could hardly be a good qualifier and the question without any qualifier at all would require massive doses of ignorance and presumption to answer in a positive way, as in: "What does God want you to do at this moment in time?"Answer: "He wants me to do thus and such."

To me when I consider what I was taught as a Jehovah witness namely that God is omniscient, and thus knows everything and what's happening everywhere it would seem hardly likely that he would have time to want me to do anything with all the stuff that's whizzing through his mind being that our universes is composed of billions of galaxies that contain billions of stars which contain billion upon billions of planets which no doubt have billions upon billions of different intelligent life forms.

With all this supposedly being observed by him what I would do or not do would seem so insignificant to him that how could he ever care? of course all this is based on the bibles description of God's almighty all knowingness and the assumption that this is true.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

When I think of the idiocy of the popular phrase: This or that will make Jehovah mad or happy(depending on what it is). All I can say is that if he's see everything and that somethings make him mad and other things make him happy and he's seeing everything he's got to be very conflicted and always on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So the big guy is basically giving up power to us cuz we have the power to make him mad, happy or sad. Sounds a bit co-dependant to me.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Kill as many people as possible that do not worship him or that aren't involved with his earthly organization the JWS/WTS.

He will be pleased that your helping out with this particular task , particular so when Armageddon arrives.

There are scriptures in the bible on how to do this.

This web site can give you scriptural insight on how to do this and if your also interested in rape,

god has a few pointers on that as well.

www.evilbible.com Happy killing

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

After that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag put my celibacy at such an almighty high priority that nothing will ever end it, if I ever did find out what that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag wants me to do, I would make sure to not do it. And I would do all I could to do the exact opposite--preferably turning people away from His message of oppression and tyranny.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

He wants me to sacrifice goats. But I won't do it.

• glenster
    glenster

On Homer's point, the advice I know is to go among the Jews and Gentiles
    without giving offense, sacrificing of yourself to gain them to God. You don't
    need a nation with a military to defend it or for it to be the law of such a
    land.

Armageddon: depends which interpretation you use. If the one where those
    saved go with God and the others don't, there are different interpretations
    regarding those who don't. If Christian Universalism, the most popular inter-
    pretation for the 1st 5 or 6 centuries of Christianity, those not converted are
    converted and God's powers destroy other regulating systems, not the people, and
    everyone goes with God.

The extremist literalists on either end of these things seem to have more in
    common than they seem to realize.

I'm pretty sure tyanny and rape are bad. I don't have a goat. I don't think
    you need to be celibate. Tyrannical celibates raping goats is probably bad,
    too.

It's a faith concern. Of the three big Abrahamatics (it slices, it dices,
    it's Abrahamatic), I like Jesus the best.

• scotsman
    scotsman

Sand the woodwork in the bathroom. I'm doing it, I'm dirty and grumpy. But I know silky smooth paintwork will make him very happy.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Since God is nothing more than an imaginary friend or imaginary enemy(as no one has any proof that he even exists) and so I "feel" my imaginary God friend wants me to have a good time maybe even get laid, program my calculator, eat lunch, take a nap or if I feel like it go outside and get some fresh air.

My imaginary God enemy has been strangely silent the past few years in my head to which I'm eternally grateful maybe God is love after all at least that is what I'm going to imagine him to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit