How fast can you "prepare" a Watchtower lesson?

by Open mind 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Tristram
    Tristram

30 minutes....during the public talk.

• Casper
    Casper

10 minutes flat...

Cas

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Got down to about 5 mins

then i just couldn't be bothered to do even a token underline

Hah! they call that STUDY!

Oz

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I prepared when I first joined the cult but soon stopped, and was often harassed about it. Watchtower articles are written at about an eighth grade level so I didn't need to read them three times before I knew what they said. I didn't need to hightlight main points to know what they were or where to find them later, especially in view of the watchtower's predictability in their writing style.

W

• Gregor
    Gregor

Not exactly the NY Times crossword. I conducted many cong WT Studies with 10 mins. prep. I really enjoyed that job.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I conducted many cong WT Studies with 10 mins.

I never did that but I assumed it was an easy job. All you do is ask the questions and everyone else gives you the answers. Hell, you don't even need to read it.

W

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In a hurry, I could prepare for a WT lesson with most paragraphs underlined some, all the main thoughts covered, and some idea where I will comment during the meeting in about 12 to 14 minutes.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'd whip out the ol' red marker and get 'er done in about 2 minutes marking just anything.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sam Whiskey, I had a similar panic-stricken situation myself when assigned to read at the last minute. I went to the bathroom, entered the stall, and two minutes later emerged with a "studied" WT using White Dove's technique. Then it dawned on me that the WT conductor couldn't see my WT and, if I just held my WT wide open with the front and back covers facing the audience, no one could see anything! (Except Jehobie, of course.) DOH!

From then on, if I was assigned to read, I knew I didn't need to underline that day.

om

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

Three minutes is enough, random underlining of 1/4 of the text using a screaming-colored highlighter pen so that everyone can see. Bonus: Your apparently "wrong" markings will make those sitting beside you feel very intelligent... so it's the good deed of the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit