How fast can you "prepare" a Watchtower lesson?

by Open mind 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Cool, the Hamster makes his own litter!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

1. Repetition is a very powerful mind control technique.

Repetition is a very powerful mind control technique.

1 a) What is a powerful mind control technique? b) How powerful is it?

Effin hilarious, thank you, you made my day!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That is one bit of pressure that I dd not succumb to. Perhaps being an elder I felt more secure and did not worry what the others thought. In fact I dd usually pre study it well , taking an hour or so. I used to enjoy that sort of thing, before I realised that it was all wrong anyway.

I do recall one elder saying though, either at an elders meeting or a service meeting, how noticeable it was when he ran the microphone that so many had not underlined....I thought it a comical observation...

• Farkel
    Farkel

:How fast can you "prepare" a Watchtower lesson?

Open Watchtower to the middle where the staples go in and fold back until it lies flat. Place study article face up in bottom of birdcage. Open a beer and relax.

In 10 seconds flat I have prepared a Watchtower for its highest and best contribution to society.

Farkel

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is Blondie the only one actually studying these things?

When I was a good JW I would take at least an hour to prepare, and write out scriptures in the margins.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

By the end of my witness days I could do it easy in 45 seconds to 1 minute. I mean I just flipped the page and underlined random things, a circle here, an arrow there, flip to the next page and do the same same same they were only 20ish paragraphs and if you don't care what your underlining and or circling it's very fast!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Open Watchtower to the middle where the staples go in and fold back until it lies flat. Place study article face up in bottom of birdcage. Open a beer and relax.
    In 10 seconds flat I have prepared a Watchtower for its highest and best contribution to society.

Close farkle but for it to fulfil it's HIGHEST function in society you have to be in a restroom and it takes longer than 10 seconds! I should email brooklyn and ask if they would consider publishing that magazine in two ply?

I mean catching bird shit is great but to REALLY make the grade... Well...

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I mean catching bird shit is great but to REALLY make the grade...

It's safe for birds, but toxic for humans, even for the use you had in mind!

Farkel

• AggieNostic
    AggieNostic

a true WT study maniac will not only hi-lite but also rewrite the scriptures in the margins, using top/bottom and left/right margins to such an extent that all open space is used up.

this is not to be confused with the short lived fad of printing out the scriptures using the CD ROM - that was cheating. also, the margin notes were to be in cursive and have lines drawn from the scripture to the margin notation. some WTs look like flow charts for some advanced composition course...

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Ugh. I used to just highlight/underline the right answer and the scriptures (took me about 5 minutes), but my mom got wise to it and insisted that I rewrite the answers to all of the questions "in my own words" as well as looking up and summarizing the unquoted scriptures in the margins. My Watchtower would look like some kind of freaking scientific diagram afterward, with all the scribbled notes. And it took at least two hours that way.

When you're 18 and your mom is still threatening to whip you with a spatula if you don't study the Watchtower correctly, you know it's time to get the hell out of there. So I did. And she wonders to this day why I can't stand her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit