Totally Busted and Scared!!!!!!

by 2pink 53 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

2pink,

Here is something I have been doing lately. I stumbled on this by accident.

I found a series of HYSTERICAL animated cartoons on the internet called "REALLY messed up stories of the Bible". These are all stories we have read 1,000,000 times, and reading them they seemed logical.

BUT, hearing them spoken out loud you realize how preposterous they are.

LIke the Genesis 1st chapter account:

And God said "Let there be light", and there was light. THen later it says "and God created the sun and the earth and the moon and the stars" And the narrator says "But, before the sun and stars were created there was light from ...???".

Anyway, hearing these stories spoken out loud by characters it comes through loud and clear how stupid they are.

I was doing that with the JWs investigating your situation with the birthday.

It makes the JWs sound unbelievably ridiculous.

"Did you give presents to your child and make your child a cake on the anniversary of the child's birth"? "Yes, I did". The JW interrogators GASP in shock and awe. "And was there singing and music and laughing...."

I could go on but it just gets more and more ridiculous.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but I stated it wasn't a disfellowshiping offense.

Not to put too fine a point on too fine a point, but the person is simply "No longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

Remember, the DA thing is simply a legalistic way of removing someone by using the "we didn't remove him, he left on his own." This is of particular value on issues like blood, neutrality and other issues where a JW does something legal but against WT teaching.

Rub a Dub

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

She could just be on a 'fishing' expedition...you could ask her the same sort of personal question. Facebook entrapment is all the rage amongst some of the JW membership it seems, use it to your advantage - ignore her question but perhaps let her know in the same fashion, that you heard she had some sort of celebration...oh..and don't forget to keep an eye on all her friends of friends of friends.....sammieswife.

• feeling good
    feeling good

2Pink.

I agree with many others you do not have to share any info, I would just delete her message. If she questions you again, you could say why would you ask me such a question? put her on the spot.

My family has been fading as yours for the past year but consistent for the last 8 months of no meeting attendance. We celebrate our First Holidays starting with Halloween.

This Saturday I came home from the supermarket and a group on service stopped by 3 of the individuals are just so kind I kind of felt bad telling them it was a bad time I had things to do. They wanted to help me with the groceries but I insisted it was a bad time. A minute after entering my house a brother from the cong called his daughter left something at our house months ago and he was on my street, my daughter remembered it was in my trunk. Of course in the trunk were Christmas presents for my nieces, he asked my daughter if we were celebrating Christmas now, she told me after he left but I thought why wouldn't he ask me.

Well he comes in the house and doesn't say anything about the WT he could tell I was busy cleaning. But gave me copy of the bible reading scriptures starting in Jan 2010 and said here this was my X-mass present since we are celebrating X-mass now, I just laughed. Don't let anyone make you feel bad, enjoy your life to the full.

M

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

2Pink,

I'm sorry that this has happened.

As you've said, this woman is going to take whatever ammo you give her, and then use it against you. Simply put, this person wants to hurt you. Therefore, you have an obligation to defend yourself. As others have stated, the simple approach is to simply ignore the email.

If and when she asks you about it again, tell her HOW YOU FEEL.

"I felt a little embarassed that you would ask such a question."

"It really hurts me when people jump to conclusions about me."

"I feel like people are spreading harmful gossip about me."

"I feel it would be best to avoid negative talk and gossip."

"It really hurts me when people attempt to destroy my great reputation."

Etc, etc.

I hope it all works out for you.

-LWT

PS: If you plan to publicly engage in activities that JWs have banned, fading may become difficult.

• dissed
    dissed

2pink

I'm very glad to hear the stand you and your family have taken. Already, you must be seeing benefits. We did the very same thing and have NO REGRETS.

Not replying is a good course I think, just ignoring your cousin.

The day will come eventually you have to come out, and when it does, come back here for advice. There is a way to fade where they can not DF you, so you can still have some relationship with the family.

Wishing you the best and....Merry Xmas!

• Gregor
    Gregor

One of those watershed moments in your lives. Wouldn't you rather be able to look back and remember leaving like lion instead of a weasel?

• ziddina
    ziddina

I like what White Dove said. That is, if you are still in the process of fading and don't feel like a direct confrontation.

Farkel's first post is hilarious - "extra security precautions to make sure no-one's beheaded..."

Lotta good advice here! I also liked Brainwashed-from-Birth's comment, which drives at the heart of the behavior of any JW surfing the 'Net - If they're such GOOOOOODJehovah's Witnesses, then why are THEY going against the commandments of the Watchtower Bible Tract Socie - er, "Gawd" - by participating in such a SATANIC activity???

Personally, that's the angle I'd hammer at - point I'd nag about. Especially if I was tired of fading and wanted to make some waves...

Several people on page 2 had some good responses, too, but I'll lose this post if I refer to them before submitting...

Zid
    jk

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, Gregor! Yeah, taking the valiant way - the "high" road... Not for everybody, however. When dealing with a 'hostage' situation, things can get messy.

I DA'd, and am damm proud that I was ABLE to do so... But I did so at VERY little personal cost; there was never anything in the religion/WTBTS for me, anyway. Someone once wrote that her family was SO dysfunctional that she would have been better off being raised by wolves - that's the take I had on my nasty, hypocritical JW parents, and it meant that I could leave 'clean'; cut all ties and never look back. I had no real friends in the religion, tho I do remember with fondness the very gentle and well-meaning elders of my old congregation who never chastised me, even when [by the tenets of their religion] I probably should have been...

Happy Guy, gotta check out those cartoons; they sound like FUN!! Thanks for letting us know about them!

Rub A Dub - yeah, the WTBTS is very sneaky; any way they can manipulate the rank&file into following their orders without obligating them in any LEGAL fashion - they'll do so. "1975 is coming! The end of 6,000 years of man's existence on earth is coming!" Then~~~ "What? Who, us predict the end of the world in 1975?? Why, YOU people just RAN AHEAD and ASSUMED that from SPECULATIVE comments going around!!"

Sneaky, Sneaky, Sneaky... And speaking of sneaky, what Sammie's Wife said - the uberJW was probably on a fishing expedition - also see my comments above about supposedly "Goooood" JWs surfing "SATAN'S" internet...

Hang in there, 2Pink; we're rooting/pulling for you! Zid
    jk

• frozen one
    frozen one

Is this cousin particularly close to you? If not, have you considered blocking her ability to send you messages via Facebook? Kind of like disfellowshipping her from your Facebook account. Your cousin has no business getting into your business but you are the one that has to set the boundaries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit