Totally Busted and Scared!!!!!!

by 2pink 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

To the best of my knowledge, celebrating a Birthday is not a disfellowshiping offense. Tell the cousin you are taking extra security precautions to make sure there is a good chance no one will get beheaded at it.

Farkel

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

my advice.

1. dont reply.

2. just deny it.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    To the best of my knowledge, celebrating a Birthday is not a disfellowshiping offense.

Not true.

The WT makes it clear that true Christians (JW's) do not celebrate birthdays.

If a person continued and reject the Elders council, he would be considered DA'd.

Rub a Dub

• awildflower
    awildflower

It sounds like it's just time. You said it best about "putting off the inevitable". It may feel scary and uneasy but it's probably time. You will get through this. If you want to lie and deny (because of circumstances maybe) then you are just going to have to live with this negative feeling for longer and you already know how hard that is to do and how it makes you feel. The sooner you can get this over with now that somethings come to light, the better. Hang in there and follow your intuition on this. You are so doing the right thing for your children and that's what matters. Life will get easier and better!........wf

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Wash yourself and your family clean of this horrendous criminal cult and be done with it,once and for all.

Being a JWS is like a fish caught in a net try to get out, for the fish knows it all depends on its survive.

What these cults do is simply coerce people in and then manipulate and exploit them for their own means and survival.

As another poster has stated,

BE PROUD TO SAY

I AM NO LONGER ONE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES....GET OVER IT.

• restrangled
    restrangled

2pnik,

If someone has some information, so what? Is this the kind of people you want to be involved with....that tattle like toddlers? Just waiting to make your life miserable?

It seems insane, adults, just waiting to tattle. I'm sorry you are so stressed doing something wonderful.

Tell them to mind their own business, and get on with your own life.

r.

• Farkel
    Farkel

rubadub,

:If a person continued and reject the Elders council, he would be considered DA'd.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I stated it wasn't a disfellowshiping offense. This topic came up a few years ago, and no one could come up with any examples of where a dub was DFd (or DAd) for celebrating "A" birthday.

Do you know of any? I wouldn't be surprised if some renegade elders did it, by the way. I'm just pretty sure the society has not specifically stated it merits DFing.

Farkel

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

2pink:

she turned 5 on december 2).

happy birthday to her.... that's my b'day too...and I celebrated it for the first time (unless you count when I was maybe 3, which I don't remember)....5 is a good age ....she will remember it.... good for you not denying her a simple but memorable pleasure.

Snakes (Rich )

ps...welcome to the board...a bit late...I am not on as often as in the past...

• 2pink
    2pink

thanks for all the replies.

yes it does seem insane-it is insane!-that this is the way JWs operate. i guess the worst part really is to come to realize that the people that i love will drop my family and me and not look back once this news is out. so, it never was a real relationship to begin with, was it? it's just so sad.

oh and LOL at the beheading comment! thanks for the laugh (that i desperately need today!).

• parakeet
    parakeet

Ask her who's gossiping about you and why she is listening to it. Jehovah hates gossips, you know.

Don't be afraid, no matter how this turns out. You're doing the right thing for your children. That's the reason I left, too. My son is in his thirties now, happily married, with a young child about to celebrate his second Christmas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit