Is there a way of saying to my family....

by wobble 29 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

Is there a way of saying TACTFULLY to my SuperDub Family that we do not want Anniversary presents this year ?

Our 39th is on Saturday the 12th and my Wife says that as the family only have the minimum to do with us since our fade she feels it is the height of hypocrisy to buy us presents.

She also does not like my super-smug sister (who does ?) who will come to our place bearing gifts we do not want from persons who will not entertain our point of view.

I cannot think of away that is kind, to get out of this, HEEELLLPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!

Love

Wobble

p.s I do not want to sour relations with my family, just bring an end to this ridiculous ,false, gift giving.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I think you have to take the presents. Do you buy for them on anniversaries?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Please help me to understand the upside to refusing the gifts?

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

wobble, I think you should just graciously accept them and be happy that they are at least trying to be someway normal, even though the cult personality doesn't let them completely accept your views now. Some of us would love for our relatives to recognise special times in our lives......

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sounds as if your wife is the one with the problem. She can either get a grip so you don't piss off the family or be the heavy and let HER tell the family she doesn't want them AND WHY. Otherwise it just seems wierd. I would go for accept graciously and clam up. W.Once

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wobble..

Good luck finding people who will agree with everyone..

It`s not going to happen..

Ever!..

Not in Watchtower World..Not in the Real World..

Be Gracious..Smile..Take the Presents..

Maybe you`ll get some good stuff..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi Wobble, I tend to agree with the previous comments. Take it that your family are trying behave in a normal way, they are doing all they can under the rules of the cult that they follow. We were all there once, victims of stupidity. Treat them with graciousness, smile and ask them what they want for Xmas (maybe not that bit)!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wobble, my parents and siblings have never acknowledged my wedding anniversay. It was just last Saturday and it was our 17th. No calls, no cards, no gifts, zilch.

Be gracious and accept the gifts.

Mrs Jones

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'd take them and if it helps, focus on any odd ideosyncrasies that they may have and that you find endearing to help you see them in a different light. A trick, I find, that works beautifully

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Lead by example, be gracious and loving and accept the gifts and thank them for remember your anniversary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit