How I feel about this site

by RickyCisco 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • Lady Lee
  • moshe
    moshe

Thanks!

Some in the KH are slowly learning the facts and most have had multiple opportunities over the years to see the "light", but JW's are pretty stubborn about admitting they were wrong. I just saw the obituary of an 89 yr old JW this past week- still a believer after 60+ years. This is the same JW who raised his fist and wanted to hit me about 20 years ago. I had seen them working the street one Saturday and I pulled around the corner and went up to the porch of the house they were preaching at. I informed the householder how the JW's were lying to them and how they had destroyed my family when I decided to leave the KH. -needless to say about two houses was all this old elder could take of my enlightenment- he wanted to hit me, he was so mad- I told him, "go ahead- but don't forget that only the meek will inherit the earth." He got red, closed up his bookbag. Then he took his group with him and they left the territory. I often wondered how he managed to save face on that one. He was a big guy and a successful businessman who was used to having things go his way.

• JAFO
    JAFO

Welcome Ricky! enjoyed your post!

@yknot

Not a thrift store, garage sale, nursing home, laudromat, library, nor medical waiting room was left without scrawling JWN's addy on each page.... I even went after the Atalayas and Despertads.....to Mary's Spanish Ex-TJ site.

Get a couple of rubber stamps made up.. then you can really go crazy!

• ninja
    ninja

glad you're on our side ricky....(although personally I would feel better if we had rocky on our side....he he)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to the forum of enlightenment.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

The stongest amd smartest?????

You don't get around much.

Judge Dread

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey Ricky that is a great post. I was feeling "weak" today, in that I was robbed of 29 years of my life. That I had pull myself out of that deception and rewire my brain - at times it felt maddening. I'm still lagging behind in certain aspects of my life but life is a whole lot better.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ricky I was feeling the same way as LouBelle just mentioned all weekend. It usually hits me around this time of the year- the memories of being different and learning how to fit in and be a normal, regular person...thanks for your words.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

isaacaustin: I just feel like I could have had a family or a child by now, that my life could have taken such a different turn. I have made my peace of where I am in my life....it's just now and again I get a little down and weepy - but I make a point not to let that funk last. The sad thing is that the people who are my friends now just don't get it, don't understand that part of me and I can't really share it. There is only one person that I can share that part of myself with and they get it, or get the depth of it and that person is faaaaar away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit