How I feel about this site

by RickyCisco 30 Replies latest jw friends

• LucyA
    LucyA

for what it's worth here's somthing I wrote on this subject.

I once read somewhere that true freedom can ’ t be achieved without sacrifice. If that ’ s true the children of JW truly have earned their freedom because we have sacrificed allot. We sacrificed our childhoods and our sense of self to an organization that ’ s sole purpose is to control its members. We sacrificed our freedom and the ability to express ourselves

The thing is second generation JW didn’t choose this sacrifice for many of us this sacrifice was made for us long before we were born without our permission or input. We are just expected to be OK with it. We played the game we tried very hard reach the goal posts we sweated blood we attended all meetings we did our pre-study, we went witnessing and followed all the rules (well the ones we could there ’ s too many to follow them all). But just when you got within spitting distance of the goal posts somebody moved them on you and you had too do it all over again. This of course became very frustrating after awhile and we became dejected or depressed or both only to be informed that this was our fault for not trying hard enough so we tried harder not just happy with being baptised we had pioneer too but soon that was not good enough again was had to A.P (this is the only part I feel sorry for the men about once you became an A.P as a women their was no where else to go for the men theirs a whole list of other things for you not to be good enough for.)

Sacrifice is an extremely difficult concept for anyone to grasp but many of us realised to gain our freedom and sanity we needed to make one final sacrifice the largest and hardest of them all. We had too sacrifice our relationships with the only people we had ever been able to create relationships with our only friends (in my case) and this was the most painful sacrifice of all because these were the people we loved who we grew with who helped raise us and we knew that they would walk past us in the street without even a courtesy hello we ceased to exist in their eyes and in their hearts. For many of our friends and family members this sacrifice was too much and they remain as we were under the thumb of an organisation that can ’ t allow its members to take a breath for fear that they find their strength to do the same as us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit