How I feel about this site

by RickyCisco 30 Replies latest jw friends

• RickyCisco
    RickyCisco

(... with a few slight edits of my own, from the movie "Fight Club")

"I see in this forum the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived. All this greatness, all this potential-- how is it squandered? An entire generation knocking on doors and underlining watchtowers; slaves with white collars.

The Governing Body has us preach and witness, fulfilling obligations we hate so we can buy back perfection we never had.

We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. We have no Great War. We have no Great Depression.

Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.

We have been raised by Jehovahs Witnesses to believe that we'll be saved and made perfect in a paradise Earth -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact."

My hat off to all of you here that have fought or are fighting the abuse of lies exacted upon us by those that refuse to walk without blinders or lack the courage to try.

As children of deception we may feel like defective products, but in time we have a unique potential to become producers of great change - birthed from a darkness that only we can go back to shine light upon.

Like Tyler says, our great war is a spiritual war and I'm glad to be on your side.

-Ricky

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

: ) I like

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

very nice

• yknot
    yknot

......and thus is the reason I did 'reverse FS' over the last 3 days!.......

Not a thrift store, garage sale, nursing home, laudromat, library, nor medical waiting room was left without scrawling JWN's addy on each page.... I even went after the Atalayas and Despertads.....to Mary's Spanish Ex-TJ site.

Next time I think I will list some of the older publication addy's........

Felt good all in all!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome, Ricky!

• wobble
    wobble

Dear RickyCisco,

WELCOME and thanks for this post.

I feel that this site is such a many faceted treasure that it is difficult to describe, and difficult to over-praise.

It has been a life-saver to me and many others,and will continue to be so.

Howse about you tell us a bit more about yourself ? it is only fair, I have bared my soul on here so that all know I am a blathering idiot !

Love

Wobble

p.s good to hear from Iknowall558, how you doing darling girl ?

• crapola
    crapola

Welcome!

• dissed
    dissed

Hi Ricky, keep em coming

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Welcome, Ricky!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Really cool.