How I feel about this site

by RickyCisco 30 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I understand that alone feeling Loubelle. For someone who has never been thru this ordeal, hard as they may try they can not empathize.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome, Ricky! Very well said. Thank you for sharing that with us.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Great write up ...Ricky welcome to the family

http://exjw.weebly.com/

• Twitch
    Twitch

Great flick and appropriate quote.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

I've been looking for a Thread to express this thought for some time now and finally I believe I have found it.

The thought is: as bad as the CULT-like WT's writings are imagine how much worse it would be if not for this site. I truely believe that Bethel monitors this site and that is GOOD! - as, by now, the WBT$ knows that each and every written word they publish will be and is examined carefully by those on this and other Forums. This must give them some pause when considering what they are going to write in the publications knowing they will or can be torn apart by the sharp-eyed and smart people here. So, as CULT-like and crazy the writings may be, I believe it would be much worse if this site did not exist. Hence, I believe some of you are doing a valuable service keeping the Borg in check and therefore I want to recgnize this and thank all of you.

You all deserve this "pat on the back" recognition.

HQ

• RickyCisco
    RickyCisco

You make a good point HQ.

Jdubs are indeed a special breed of Christianity. Their brainwashing tactics are second to none. The people here provide a safe landing for those that feel like the worlds been pulled out beneath them after leaving.

Surviving that kind of psychological abuse is a momentous thing, helping the next generation survive too is heroic.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

This forum is an inherent expression of honesty, something thats unfamiliar to litature produced by the WTS.

and probably every other religious organization for that matter.

Thats of course if you are truly seeking honesty.

This is one of the reasons why this site is so popular in the first place.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hiding Questioner:

This must give them some pause when considering what they are going to write in the publications knowing they will or can be torn apart by the sharp-eyed and smart people here.

Good point. It kept them from writing this in the February 15, 2010 Watchtower, Questions from Readers:

"What if two people who are not married to each other unexpectedly find themselves alone together because others who would normally be present are momentarily absent?"

Oh wait.

Never mind.

om

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

JESUS H. CHRIST!!!

My boy, I think you have a great future here.

Very nice post.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre
    "What if two people who are not married to each other unexpectedly find themselves alone together because others who would normally be present are momentarily absent?"

holy frack! are you serious? Sooo 2 unmarried people can't be around each other if only for a MOMENT?...off to find a scan of that mag, I'm dying to know the answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit