1975 All Over Again

by Sour Grapes 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Billy - ha! Great response and so true.

I can't wait til 2015. Wonder what creative spin they'll put on it then?

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy
    6000 years of man's existence.

Seriously? They are still teaching this nonsense. I will give just ONE fact that disproves this.

There are cities off the coast of Japan (now covered with hundreds of feet of ocean DUH) which are FAR older than 6,000 years. How do we know this? BECAUSE we know when the shoreline was far enough away that these would have been CITIES and not underwater ruins. These cities are AT LEAST 20,000 years old. I say AT LEAST because 20,000 years is to the time when the shoreline was on the other side of the cities, we don't know how old the cities were before THAT.

GOOGLE IT!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Men will adhere to ignorance especially if that ignorance offers them power that otherwise they would never have..

• Mary
    Mary

just because we have building projects projected for the next 4 years doesn't mean at all that we have 4 years remaining, no not at all."

Then why bother making any plans then? If there's less than 4 years left of this wicked ol' system, shouldn't they be selling all their belongings and distributing the proceeds to the poor?

Oh sorry----that's only for Christians, not the WTS.

Yes, the idiots at the top are still dangling the carrot in front of everyone, even though the carrot is moldy, rotten and should have been thrown away decades ago. I guess they figure they've got no choice but to spew this nonsense out again. They're desperately trying to stem the hemorrhage of young ones who either don't believe their tripe anymore, or who simply don't care.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's nice to hear that the Watchtower leadership still gets most of their exercise by jumping to conclusions.

False Predictions -- The Latest Craze, Since 1879!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If there's less than 4 years left of this wicked ol' system, shouldn't they be selling all their belongings and distributing the proceeds to the poor?

That only applies to the rank and file pursuing education and higher paying jobs.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Can someone tell me what Family Worship Night is? Is this something new. I have been out about 7 years now.

Lil, they dropped the book study groups and combined with the School and Service Meeting. The FRee night is for Family Worship.

• Gerard
    Gerard

It is the same carrot on the same stick.

• hotspur
    hotspur

I hope they get something sorted out soon...... my driving license expires in 2025!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Hard to have any sympathy for otherwise intelligent people to fall for this BS again. They seem to want to be told this kind of crap, false hope is better than none. My aunt, who just returned from a convention, posted on her facebook page that she is sooo looking forward to the "New World". She is 69 and been in the cult all her life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit